Buy it on the 26 October

Talk about Windows 10, get help & support, share tips, tricks and useful links.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Buy it on the 26 October
CodenStuff
Windows 8 release date

Microsoft have announced on its blog yesterday that Windows 8 will be available to buy for download, disc and pre-installed on new PC's from the 26th October this year. They also revealed the Surface tablet about a month ago which looks amazing (yes I want one) and it was said that the Surface tablets would be available for sale at the same time Windows 8 goes on sale on 26th October and we should find out how much they will cost...im thinking a lot lol.

Microsoft also announced at WPC last week that Windows 8 RTM will be available from the first week of August and at the same time it will switch on the new windows store commerce system which means developers can start selling app's and hopefully that also means loads of new app's will be added to the store.

Some people like Windows 8 and others dont but I have my bank card at the ready to get my hands on it as soon as it goes on sale :D.

100 days (as of yesterday) until release.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
zachman61
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Buy it on the 26 October
zachman61
hmm do you think it would be cheaper to buy the windows 7 install disc and then just upgrade which is well over $160. Or would it be better to just get the full windows 8 disc.
Nailing my feet to the floor is easier than using my own muscles to balance, but you don't see me doing that :)
GoodGuy17
Coding God
Coding God

GoodGuy17
I don't really like Windows 8, I hate its UI. Yes, yes, I know I can just use the desktop but I just don't like Metro at all, its very existence annoys me. I don't have a touchscreen monitor so I have no use for Metro.

I think I'll stick with Windows 7. It seems like it fits the needs of a computer enthusiast such as myself more than Windows 8. I feel like Windows 8 is made to suit the average consumer.
Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Shim
ah ! I think i should buy windows 7 and first of all i should buy a pc .
Find my programs on Softpedia
Scottie1972
Codenstuff Elite
Codenstuff Elite

Scottie1972
have they fixed the problem with Win8CP working but the latest upgrade is incompatible?
something about a single CPU issue.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
#GoodGuy17 Metro can take a while to get use too but its the overall performance of Windows 8 that I like because for me it just installs, boots and runs a lot faster and better than 7 does.

#zachman61 you can use the Windows 8 upgrade if you have XP, Vista, 7 or 8 RP installed but the upgrade price $39.99 only lasts until January and after that it will probably shoot up to about $80+ so it would be better to buy early I think.

#Scottie1972 I dont know if they fixed that problem or not but I will keep my eyes open for any information on it. If you can get RTM in August it may have been fixed but I dont know :?
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
CodenStuff wrote:
#zachman61 you can use the Windows 8 upgrade if you have XP, Vista, 7 or 8 RP installed but the upgrade price $39.99 only lasts until January and after that it will probably shoot up to about $80+ so it would be better to buy early I think.
Then it would probably be best to buy Windows XP from some store that still sells them (legally) which should be cheaper and then upgrade to Windows 8 :P
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Shim
in sri lanka (where i live) an xp cd costs 0.50 $
Find my programs on Softpedia
zachman61
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

zachman61
Codex wrote:
CodenStuff wrote:
Then it would probably be best to buy Windows XP from some store that still sells them (legally) which should be cheaper and then upgrade to Windows 8 :P
#Codex im going to have to agree about that :D

#mshimranpro that is crazy!
Nailing my feet to the floor is easier than using my own muscles to balance, but you don't see me doing that :)
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Windows 10 General Discussion”