Member Tagging

Important site announcements and information.
18 posts Page 1 of 2
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Member Tagging
CodenStuff
Hello Coders,

Updates are still in progress and I just want to let you know about some of the new stuff and how to use it.

Tagging Members in posts

A lot of you requested a feature where you could tag another user in your posts so I made a feature that lets you do that and here is how it works.

In order to tag a user you just type a hash "#" followed by the users name like this:
#martin
And that will appear in the post like this #Martin

Now if someone does tag you in a post you will be alerted by a new icon in your user panel which is a green tag icon:

I decided to use a green icon and put it in the panel because its highly visible and hard to miss so you will know whenever someone tags you in a post. All you do then is click the icon to open a window container a list of posts where you have been tagged and clicking on the links will take you to that tag so you can read why you were tagged.

You will only be alerted once per post even if someone tags you several times in the same post but I would like to point out that tags fall under the spam rule and using this feature excessively will be classed as spam so dont go crazy using lots of tags in a single post.

This feature is still in development so if you have any ideas on how to make it better please let me know.

Thank you cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Member Tagging
Shim
#CodenStuff wow ! cool ! Nice feature i love it . Hope to see more features
Find my programs on Softpedia
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
#CodenStuff is Awesome, let's all tag him so he gets spammed by his own system :P
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
Martin
Supreme VIP
Supreme VIP

Martin
#CodenStuff epic stuff :D
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
#mshimranpro, #Codex and #Martin
(Just testing).

Maybe we should be able to view the tagged member's profile my holding a button, for instance Ctrl, and then clicking the name. And why is there an icon before the tagged member's name?
Jg99
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Jg99
#Jg99 likes this feature on #CodenStuff :D

clapper;

good job cns!!!
http://www.sctechusa.com SilverCloud Website
GoodGuy17
Coding God
Coding God

GoodGuy17
Usman55 wrote:
#mshimranpro, #Codex and #Martin
(Just testing).

Maybe we should be able to view the tagged member's profile my holding a button, for instance Ctrl, and then clicking the name. And why is there an icon before the tagged member's name?
Because otherwise it'd just be the user's name and there would be no way to differentiate between a tag and just colored text.
MrAksel
C# Coder
C# Coder

MrAksel
Great job #CodenStuff cooll; I just now noticed the new quick-reply box too :D Awesome site!
LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT
Laughing my a** of so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco lmao;

Over 30 projects with source code!
Please give reputation to helpful members!

Mark
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Mark
Great Job #CodenStuff
http://www.mbappz.com
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
Good job #CodenStuff

This really is a nice update.

*thumbs up*
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Announcements”