TOSHIBA HDD Recovery Failed

Anything not covered in the other sections like Computer trouble - Hardware Issues - Upgrades and other technical stuff to be asked in here please.
13 posts Page 1 of 2
Contributors
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

TOSHIBA HDD Recovery Failed
Usman55
Hello guys,

I'm feeling sad since this morning for what happened. I was planning to format my laptop for a week now. I made 2 backups of all my stuff. One on Local Disk D and one on my flash drive. This morning, I restarted my laptop and repeatedly pressed F8 and started the 'Repair' process. From there I chose 'Factory Reset' and left for the market. When I came back, I saw that it said TOSHIBA HDD Recovery Failed. I was shocked. I remembered that when the last time this happened, I took it to the store I bought it from and asked them to make recovery discs as well. So I tried to recover my laptop using those discs but when it asked for Disc 2, my disc wasn't working. I was doomed. The Factory Reset option modifies only the C drive but the Recovery Discs modified C as well as D. And so my backup on D was lost. The only option I had now was to use the regular Win 7 disc I made a few days ago to format my P4 computer. I did that but then my laptop lacked all the drivers and so my in-built wifi wasn't working. I used another external wifi adapter and am now downloading the necessary drivers. After that's complete, I'll install all the softwares. The sad thing is that my other backup that I made on my Flash Drive also became corrupt and all the stuff that I did till now (in my whole life) has been lost and there is no way to recover it. I lost my *secret* projects as well. I had put a lot of hard work in it.

What I have left now are the softwares (named ObsprO) that I uploaded to Codenstuff and maybe some more source codes that I uploaded. I lost all my drawings as well. I don't know what I'm going to do now.

Thank God I saved my family photos and videos on my other computer as well so they are safe. I was incharge of them. If they got lost, I would have been as sad as sh*t.

Anyways, as the saying goes, "Whatever happens, it happens for good". I guess now I have a new start, lol.

(I think this should go in the Boardroom, as there is no way this problem is getting solved.)
MrAksel
C# Coder
C# Coder

Re: TOSHIBA HDD Recovery Failed
MrAksel
I have used file recovery programs many times, but never in that big scale. You could download a file recovery program, but it is no guarantee that it will work. If the format overwrote the data several times to make sure it became deleted, it wont work, but if it only cleared it with 0's it might still be a chance :)
LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT
Laughing my a** of so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco lmao;

Over 30 projects with source code!
Please give reputation to helpful members!

Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
I believe the way the program works, there is no chance of recovering anything.

I even downloaded all the required softwares which I was going to install after the format yesterday so that I can get started with my regular stuff as soon as possible.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
I just followed MrAksel's advice and downloaded a HDD Recovery software, "RecoverMyFiles". It's scanning the D: drive right now. I had also backed up some of my songs and so far it has got the cover album atleast. I also had like 100 movies stored in the D drive and the software has found a lot of .avi files around the size of 700MB. I hope this utility works.
Cheatmasterbw
Coding God
Coding God

If the program you are using now doesn't work, you can try this, it is what I used when my hard drive crashed:
http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizar ... ftware.htm
http://www.megaapps.tk/
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
When I got up today, my computer was restarted, maybe due to Automatic Updates. Now I've restarted the utility and increased it's recovery to all supported file types and it is gonna be very slow.

What I've seen is that it supports only common fie types. It has a built-in file type search. I searched for the various vb file types but found none. Is there any other better software?
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
I used Recuva and it recovered 146GB of files. In Recuva, it showed all files along with their paths but when I recovered them onto a folder on my Desktop, It put all the files in a single folder. Is there some way to sort them out?

Thanks.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
Is there no one out there who has any clue?

(I'm triple posting for a bump - And I have the right to do it!)
MrAksel
C# Coder
C# Coder

MrAksel
No idea sorry :/ I guess you will have to sort them yourself.
LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT
Laughing my a** of so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco lmao;

Over 30 projects with source code!
Please give reputation to helpful members!

Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
It's 40,000 files I'm talking about. At least I was able to get my music playlist out of it, lol. It only had 25-30 songs btw and I rushed through the 1500 files to get them out.

I don't believe it's not possible to automatically sort them out. If not Recuva, then maybe some other software could do the job.

I'm still waiting for someone to point me in the right direction before using some other software. And btw, since I was having a lot of trouble installing drivers in Windows 7, I installed the Windows 8 Consumer Preview as my regular OS and am thinking of buying Windows 8 as soon as it hits the stores. Or another option would be to go to the store from which I bought this laptop and complain about the corrupt recovery discs they gave me.
13 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “General Help”