"New Posts" box is killing the activity

Need help with the website or have you spotted an error or do you have any suggestions on how tom improve the site please let us know in here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
GoodGuy17
Coding God
Coding God

Hello,

I feel like nobody in the forum really looks through the actual subforums anymore. I feel like they just respond to topics in the "New Posts" box on the homepage.

If I post something, and it is active and gets posts and is constantly on the homepage, I get more replies. But if my topic doesn't stay on the homepage, then it dies.

Does anyone agree/disagree? Why?

~GoodGuy17 :D
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

I agree, but how in the world would could it list all the new topics, without having to select only a few?
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Im not sure if that is the case or not but to be honest the home page is only meant for people who visit the site for the first time and the best place to see new posts is on the main community index page.

When sections and sub sections have new posts it is indicated with a red icon as shown here:

You can also find a link in the options panel on the index page that will show you a list of all the new posts: search.php?search_id=newposts

I never visit the home page and instead go straight to the forum index every visit because to me that is the home page and every day I work my way through every section/subsection with a red new post indicator on it starting from the top and work my way down.

Ive never understood peoples fascination with the home page because its the main forum where all the action is lol
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Whenever I log in, I open the Community tab and then press on the "My Posts" and "New Posts" shortcuts and view the ones I'm interested in. Without those buttons, people like me, who don't have too much time will have a lot of difficulty!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Website Help & Suggestions”