Boot Problem

Anything not covered in the other sections like Computer trouble - Hardware Issues - Upgrades and other technical stuff to be asked in here please.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Boot Problem
mikethedj4
bootprob.jpg
ok well my sister lend me her computer to fix, and I boot it up this morning, and well I saw this screen, which I called her, and asked her if that was the problem, and she said yes. Well I have no idea how to fix this, can anyone help???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Agust1337
Coding God
Coding God

Re: Boot Problem
Agust1337
Hello Mike,

the bad way to do this unfortunately is for you to reformat the pc, and i will suggest you to put an original/licensed version of the OS on your computer. Make sure that this OS is compatible with all the hardware and peripherals that you are making use of

OR
Go to the BIOS, and make sure the hard disk is there if isn't make the disk Primary IDE Slave or Master if I am correct.
Top-notch casual Dating
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
but i dont think he needs to format the pc if its windows, just install normal windows and then after install there will be windows.old where all ur old files are.
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

mandai
Are you able to bring up a boot menu to choose which device to boot from?
Is the hard drive visible in your bios?
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
When I go into the BIOs almost everything says not detected. I found this video on youtube, which gave me a better understanding of it, but I gotta wait till this weekend when she comes back with her computer before I can do anything. I wish she had a recovery cd, but when her laptop was bought as well as mine we didn't get one that came with it.
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

mandai
Sounds like it might be worth reseating the power/mainboard connectors attaching your drive. Do you hear the drive spin up when you power the machine on?
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
Well I put a ubuntu live cd in, and it booted to it fine, which means the hardware is fine, except the hard drive. Either I need to replace the hard drive or the motherboard. She may not like the fact that I can't recover her files as their slim to none. She don't like it to mad at least she'll have a computer that works. Now I gotta find some way to get money to replace this crap.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “General Help”