I found this Disturbing!

Anything not covered in other boards, software, tricks, tweaks, help etc please post in here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Scottie1972
Codenstuff Elite
Codenstuff Elite

I found this Disturbing!
Scottie1972
When I logged In today, One of the first things that I saw was a Post in a Public area. (Chatbox)
Whatever, i've tought of leaving cns less than 10 people uses it actively or whatever is the word
Now I am keeping it to myself who wrote this.

But I found this upsetting. Many members of CodenStuff.com can not be online all the time. They also have families and jobs so they cant be online everyday. Plus the emebers of Codenstuff.com are from all around the planet, so you have different time zones as well.

I have been a member of Codenstuff.com for sometime now. And a statement like this, Is better to just keep to yourself. If you are unhappy with the website then you have a choice. Noone makes you Navigate to Codenstuff.com.

Codenstuff.coom is a sharing website with almost unlimited resources. Plus everyone here will help in any way that they can. That is what makes COdenstuff.com the website that it is. Not how many people are online at any given time.

I am sorry for stating how I felt when I saw this post. But I couldn't just let this go by without saying something.

On a Personal Note.
This is not an attitude that I would want to see if I was a first time visitor.
I certainly dont like it as a member.

Sincerly, Scottie1972
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: I found this Disturbing!
hungryhounduk
Hey

Yes I have seen similar posts like that recently ( in the last month ) and it can look a bit daunting to a New Member who has just signed up.

A thing i have noticed recently is the posts in the Chat where people are saying "Hello" and "Hi" and "Anyone there" and that might have been there for say 1-2 hours and noone has answred that person in the post. Now I am not saying that everyone should jump and acknowledge every post that is made in the Chat, But it does'nt hurt to just say "Hi" or something of that nature, I know we all have busy lives and often if i am working on something then i might just pop onto the site to get and look at a tutorial or search for some code that i had seen and need it for my Latest app or just to see whats going on and doing Moderator Duties. :) and alot of the time I dont check the Chat, but alot of the time i do and often see "Hi" that was posted an hour beforehand, But that is just the way it goes, some days we cannot keep up with the Chat, so its really swings and roundabouts, and I hope Members dont think that WE are Ignoring them.

So that above might be one of the reasons that that was posted in the Chat area for all the world and his dog to see, I dont know, But i hope whoever said it realises that it takes US ALL to make this great site work and if it was for not all the great Members we have , then i dont know.

Chris
Last edited by hungryhounduk on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jtlusco
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

jtlusco
I agree with you that this is a bit much. I have been a member for about a month and love this site and its members who have helped me without question at any given time.
I thank the cyber gods for CodeNStuff.com
Have you been scripted today
Agust1337
Coding God
Coding God

Agust1337
I think that the MiniChat isn't really the most usable thing on this site, its the community.
You're crazy!
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested. ~Sheldon Cooper
Scottie1972
Codenstuff Elite
Codenstuff Elite

Scottie1972
Agust1337 wrote:
I think that the MiniChat isn't really the most usable thing on this site, its the community.

Agust, It does not matter where it was posted.
It shouldn't have been posted in the first place. If a member decides to not be an active member, then they have that choice. But, that member shouldn't post message like that in ANY public area.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Hello,

Hmm well while it is true that we do only have a small number of really active members on site we have other members who post on an occasional basis. Not everyone who comes to the site makes posts or stays which is true for every other website aswell not just us but thats upto the individual user what they like to do. We also have 50+ members who visit the site on a daily basis and well over 100 guests a day so its more active than you think.

We dont want to discourage anyone from expressing their opinions but we do need to be carefull what we say in posts and chat because other members may find it offensive/insulting which is what we dont want to happen.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Misc”