Webcam Chat?

Do you need something made? then ask in here.
Forum rules
Please LOCK your topics once you have found the solution to your question so we know you no longer require help with your query.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Diazepa
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Webcam Chat?
Diazepa
How can i stream a webcam via WinSock? :)
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Webcam Chat?
CodenStuff
Hello Diazepa,

I dont know about using the actual 'WinSock' control but you can do it using sockets. I made a simple One-to-One webcam application that streams your webcam to another person who is also running this application.

You need to know eachothers IP address and enter it into the friends IP box before clicking the send webcam button.

It should work I tried it by sending the webcam stream to my own IP and it worked without any errors but let me know if you have any issues. Its not 100% perfect but it should get you started on your way.

Download: Removed

Happy coding cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Diazepa
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Diazepa
I never used sockets before :P Winsock has been my number 1 choice :p
But this looks fairly good!

how can i get the opposite person's ip? Do both webcameras have to work at the same time?
Would be nice if it had a "one way" webcam function too as i dont have a webcam :P
Nery
Co-Admin Moderator
Co-Admin Moderator

Nery
Diazepa, thats an hard task, I'll explain you why:

If the opposite person who you're talking with has his IP encrypted you can't simply pick it, if he has a different local IP from External IP you can't pick it either, that reasons make it a sightly hard task but can be rounded, I've no idea how, but codenstuff may know because he's working on IMBeta.
Diazepa
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Diazepa
Yeah :]
But i was thinking maybe retrieving the IP from like www.whatsmyip.com or something :]

I understand this is a hard task :D i really appreciate it :D
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Diazepa wrote:
Yeah :]
But i was thinking maybe retrieving the IP from like http://www.whatsmyip.com or something :]

I understand this is a hard task :D i really appreciate it :D
Hello,

Yes you could do that, you will need to get your friend to goto that website and tell you his IP though. Then you type that IP into the friends IP textbox so that your webcam will be sent to there computer and if you give them your IP they can send there webcam to your computer.

You can use it without a webcam just start the application and give your IP address to your friend and you can see there webcam without you sending yours. As soon as the application starts up its ready and waiting for someone to send you a webcam stream.

Happy coding cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Nery
Co-Admin Moderator
Co-Admin Moderator

Nery
Or... you can "manipulate" the website outputs...
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Tutorial Requests”