Windows 8 details leaked

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
15 posts Page 1 of 2
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windows 8 details leaked
CodenStuff
Hello,

I just noticed on google news that details about Windows 8 the next OS from Microsoft have been leaked onto the net. It doesnt give away a whole lot and theres no images about what the new UI will look like but apparently it could be released as early as 2012 and include facial recognition login and even faster start-up times.

Plenty of sources available online but heres one that I found showing the most details about it: http://msftkitchen.com/2010/06/windows- ... ealed.html

Thought I would mention it if anyone is interested in the next OS.

Personally if 2012 is a realistic release date for it then I think its way to fast because Win7 has pretty much only just been released, millions of people havent even tried Vista yet lol.

Whats wrong with building upon and adding these features to Win7 :? they need to pick an OS and stick with it providing updates/upgrades rather than chucking out a new one every couple of years :roll:
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: Windows 8 details leaked
hungryhounduk
Sounds Interesting :) But as you say "Whats wrong with building upon and adding these features to Win7" Its all down to ££££$$$$ at the end of the day, and they know there will be millions of Suckers that just have to have the Latest OP/SYS.......
GoodGuy17
Coding God
Coding God

GoodGuy17
I wonder if they will stop security updates for 7, if so, hehehehe, you get the idea.
Nery
Co-Admin Moderator
Co-Admin Moderator

Nery
Why, instead of releasing a brand new operating system, they don't update our windows 7 with a service pack?

I think I know the answer: Service packs are given freely while an operating system is sold.
Alchemy
Just Registered
Just Registered

Alchemy
facial recognition login
Should we trust this? lol
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Hello,

Yes it all comes down to money with Microsoft!. If they realy want money why dont they stick with windows 7 and sell these features which would let people decide if they want them or not and they get their precious money. Like facial recognition would anyone seriously use that? :? I wonder if it can be beaten by holding a photograph of the user upto the camera...ill try that when it comes out lol :lol:
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Nery
Co-Admin Moderator
Co-Admin Moderator

Nery
Lol, face recognition its a trash, nobody leaves their webcam turned on the whole day for sure.
Agust1337
Coding God
Coding God

Agust1337
Nery wrote:
Lol, face recognition its a trash, nobody leaves their webcam turned on the whole day for sure.
On laptops maybe :D?
You're crazy!
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested. ~Sheldon Cooper
Nery
Co-Admin Moderator
Co-Admin Moderator

Nery
agust1337 wrote:
Nery wrote:
On laptops maybe :D?
Laptops haven't the webcams turned on all the time.
Joelymoles
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Joelymoles
Surely the facial recognition login is optional.. for those without webcams, or dont have them turned on 24/7 ?...
15 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”