Windows Defender??

Anything not covered in the other sections like Computer trouble - Hardware Issues - Upgrades and other technical stuff to be asked in here please.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Livengood
Serious Programmer
Serious Programmer

Windows Defender??
Livengood
ok well i have windows 7 on my labtop and it saying important message in the bottom corner and it says turn on windows defender i click it and get this error 0x800704ec
the message says "This program is blocked by group policy. For more information please contact you system administrator. (Error Code: 0x800704ec)"
Can someone help?
Nery
Co-Admin Moderator
Co-Admin Moderator

Re: Windows Defender??
Nery
Are you in a User with administrative privileges?
Is your Windows 7 legit?
Did you ever had Windows Defender on?
Do you want to turn on Windows Defender or definitely disable it without that warnings?

^^
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
mmm when i have Vista installed on one of my computers, I dissabled that as i dont think you really need it as if u have good Virus Software and Firewall on, then i think that is a bit of Overkill.

A bit like the search bar in Xp as i found that to be a real nightmare as it was always Indexing and slowing the comp down, So i dissabled that and now its great.

But this is just my opinion

Chris
Nery
Co-Admin Moderator
Co-Admin Moderator

Nery
When you disable windows defender windows keeps showing an annoying notification. I don't really know a way to disable the notification. I think you can't disable it.
rocky4126
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

rocky4126
ok to turn the message off right-click the flag for action center and open it. Now you should have the message:
Network Firewall
Windows Firewall reports that it is turned off. Or something like that.

Now go below the message and click turn off messages about network firewall

If it isn't network firewall then just look for the windows defender one. I forget. I have AVG protecting me all the time.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “General Help”