Highscores project [Updated! 13/4]

Here is the place to post images, videos and downloads of your current and upcoming applications that you are working on.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
What do you think of the project?

Poll ended at Wed May 01, 2013 4:26 am

100%
It's a good idea
No votes
I don't like it
No votes
I don't know
No votes
Prefer not to say yet
No votes
Other: Leave a comment in the thread

Total votes: 7

Contributors
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Hello fellow Codenstuff members

I have always wanted to create a high scores project but have just never known how I would be able to start it.That was a while ago I am now better at web programming and have decided to take on this project.

The project allows people to register an account and have their own high scores table for use in their games or desktop applications and each user has their own page displaying their high scores from their own projects. For example #comathi could implement my high scores for use with his latest Tic Tac Toe game and each time someone plays it their name, game name and their score could be submitted and displayed on Comathi's personal high scores table.

The project uses HTML5, CSS3, PHP and a MySql database. Currently I have the capacity to hold 4 million personal high score tables.

Here are some pictures:

The table shown is a working example with data shown from the database, the tables are very secure too.

When I am ready for people to start testing I will let you all know. All updates will be kept posted on the Highscores project page. Let me know if you have any suggestions and tell me your opinion.

Thanks.

Update:

I've now added Theme changing to the website. Also as you know the Login and Registration is functional now the next step is the Accounts section where you can view all of your information etc. this has been started but still has a fair way to go.

Update:

The accounts section has been started, started work on an admin panel, created themes (default, blue, red, green and yellow), created a contact form and updated the looks of the forms.

Last edited by smashapps on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
Filip
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Re: Highscores project
Filip
Hello,

Looks good so far. Maybe you could add filtering ans sorting table of highscores, overall statistics of player and one could make it visible to general public. One of main things you should add is facebook, twitter etc. login and sharing scores with friends.

-Filip
CodenStuff wrote:
Nope, it's just your sick and dirty mind. You sick twisted warped little pervo :D
benji_19994
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

benji_19994
I could implement a table sorter in ajax for you #smashapps Just let me know if ya wan't help
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
Nice ideas.

I wouldn't mind a table sorter. I will let you know when I ready for it. I have to work on the Login/Register. I will keep everyone updated but I've got no internet/phone at the moment too.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
Insignia
VIP-Member
VIP-Member

Insignia
Don't forget to escape your queries ;)
Ffenixw0rks
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Ffenixw0rks
Insignia wrote:
Don't forget to escape your queries ;)
As for security I would recommend to use validation as this (universal method):
Code: Select all
$string = preg_replace('/[^A-Za-z0-9-]/', '', $_GET['user']);
This returns only letters and numbers from string $_GET['user']

As for MySQLi: use prepared statements.

And better switch to MySQLi or PDO if you are using MySQL because it is deprecated.
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
In version 5.5 real escape is deprecated and thanks for the idea Ffenix the passwords will be encrypted soon but at the moment the login and registration both work but I am not going to recommend anyone registering yet as their is more data I want to have registered to the accounts ie when they created the account. The contact form is now working too.
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

visualtech
hey, good idea1 maybe we can make apis for different platforms!!
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
For now I am aiming at having this work with JavaScript games, there will also be an option for users to manually add data and also desktop applications.

I have to build just the core of everything first.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Work in Progress”