Windows 10 reveal today

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
17 posts Page 2 of 2
Contributors
Filip
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Re: Windows 10 reveal today
Filip
Yeah, I only offer high quality personnel from all over the world.. It's a very exclusive service, you couldn't afford a single seconds even if you sold yourself...
CodenStuff wrote:
Nope, it's just your sick and dirty mind. You sick twisted warped little pervo :D
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
#Filip runs 'Imbeciles, Inc'
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
Have to have 4GB of RAM to test it in VirtualBox
I need more ram.... :(

I always liked Windows 8. People will always find something to complain about. Especially the start menu. It wasn't easy to get used to, but it became more convenient and easier to use (IMO), and if they don't like it, they can download something like Classic Start 8 to get the more familiar windows start menu back.

My dad is one of those people who just wants it to work traditionally out of the box without learning new tricks on how to use it. Which Windows 8 had a lot of.

I'm pleased with how it detects your device, and transitions if you're using touch or desktop. I also like how it's customizable.

It's about time spare desktops and slit views are finally built into Windows without the need for 3rd party software.

I'm surprised that even in Windows 8 the search bar can't handle mathematical calculations. You still have to use the traditional calculator. I am not an Apple fan, but I wish Microsoft would use and display the search bar like Apple has done with Spotlight in Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.

Looking forward to seeing what they have in store. I personally like the way their going with this much better than Apple. I definitely see apple combining their mac operating system into the iPad at some point in the future (imo it's a smarter marketing decision, if done correctly)

Just some of my thoughts.
kolega28
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

kolega28
Personally I disliked Windows 8, the metro interface was simply made with touch devices in mind, and was still behind Linux by years, it added no functionality that I could ever need. But windows 10, honestly, I'm in love. It got rid of the touch interface on non-touch devices and started adding a lot of power user features like multiple virtual desktops. The whole OS has a great feel to it, and it has all the speed of windows 8. And the whole one ecosystem thing is great for developers.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
I hear a "rumour" that they may be allowing users to add their desktop software to the Windows Store as well, so imagine your creations being in there for all the world to see and use :)

Going to be interesting to see what happens.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
That actually makes a lot of sense... If they're adapting Windows to non-touch devices, might as well adapt the Store as well cooll;
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
Yeah, but I hope they have a review system or some kind of moderation to promote only the 'good' apps, not allowing useless stuff to be uploaded.
17 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”