check if the date is changed vb.net

If you need help with a project or need to know how to do something specific in VB.NET then please ask your questions in here.
Forum rules
Please LOCK your topics once you have found the solution to your question so we know you no longer require help with your query.
13 posts Page 2 of 2
Contributors
KraZy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Well, it would be a solution nist server .. But I do not want to do complex things considering that my application will be sold in a few euro to people who only know the basics of pc I would approach a solution media.
So far what I've done enough already, but I would still protect me from any users who somehow managed to understand how the system works.

Refine them however my activation system after I have finished developing your application, probably later this month. If you have other ideas, I'm here, thanks to all of you are fantastic winky;
I'm in the empire business.
clanc789
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

comathi wrote:
As far as I know, the only way you'll manage to prevent the user from tampering with your registration process is to host it somewhere the user can't access (ie, a server).

Hidden or encrypted files also work, but there's always the possibility that the user could find/edit/delete the file.
With (i.e.) Wireshark it is rather easy to find out what the adres and/or credentials of the server are. I do agree that this is the most secure option though (there are others but these are rather difficult to make).
Practice makes perfect!

VIP since: 6-10-2011
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

You can never truly prevent someone from "hacking" your application, the only thing you can do is try to make it as hard as possible for them to do so. Store the info in many different ways, encrypt it and run lots of checks to verify the data.

You have to remember though that not everyone will want to hack your application, out of every 100 people that use it they'll probably be only 1 that wants to abuse it in some way.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
13 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Coding Help & Support”