#29 Banners Revisited

Complete a set challenge every day like: App making, Code solving, Image designs, Web Scripts and more. Win crazy points and prizes.
Forum rules
Please only post a reply if its a challenge entry - other posts and comments will be deleted. - Guide and Rules
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

#29 Banners Revisited
CodenStuff
Welcome to challenge #29

Banners Revisited

Earlier this month we had a challenge to make a banner creator, sadly no one was able to complete it within 24 hours. I have decided to repost the challenge but with a few requirement changes..

This is a desktop based challenge, take a look at the following mock-up design for a layout (just an example):

Your challenge for today is to create a desktop based banner maker, the user should be able to enter three basic pieces of information..

Text
Font Type/Style

Once the user has entered this information the application should generate a preview of the banner image for them to see, then it should have an option to save that banner as an image file (jpg, png, bmp etc).

The user should also be able to move the image and text using the mouse in order to position them within the banner before saving as an image file.

Rules for this challenge:
Must allow customisation of at least the title, image and font style.
Must preview the banner.
Must allow user to position elements with mouse.
Must be able to save the generated banner as an image file.

Good luck cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: #29 Banners Revisited
Usman55
The last challenge was web-based. I'm not into HTML so I was unable to do it.

Good thing is I coded moving the controls with mouse recently when I was making the app for the challenge "One and Only". But there was a change of idea so I didn't post it.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
Here's my entry:

I used #Usman55's awesome color palette control :)

http://projects.comathi.com/mm/2014/banners.zip

Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
Here's my entry.

#comathi I'm glad you like it! And btw, how did you integrate the control without having to supply the .dll?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
#Usman55, I simply copied the UserControl's VB file into my project. Since you provided all of the source code, I also have the UserControl files and can use them in my projects.

By the way, I added a few things to the palette. I could PM you the changes if you want to include them in an updated release of Color Palette :)
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
#comathi Nah, I don't think I'll be updating it for a while. But PM the changes you made. Thanks.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Mad March Daily Challenge”