Win8 Start Menu

If you have completed an application and wish to share the complete source/project files with everyone then please post it in here. Source-code files only, no tutorials.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Win8 Start Menu
CodenStuff
Hello,

This is the source-code for a simple start menu I was working on months ago to add a menu to Windows 8. I never finished it and didn't really have a use for it I was just having a play to see what I could do...anyway this is it and someone may find it useful for something else.

How you would have used it is after it lists all the applications in the listbox you would right-click them and add a icon shortcut to the left box and use those as shortcuts. It has code to auto pin to taskbar and run on start-up so don't run the compiled exe until you look at the code and know what's going on lol
W8startmenu.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

Re: Win8 Start Menu
comathi
Too bad Microsoft stole you idea because this looks good lol.

I don't know if I'll use it but I'll definetely check the code out. Thanks for sharing it cooll;
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Sweet!!
Just got win8.1 so I have just downloaded VB2013 :) and love the new look for VB, and my code from VB2008/2010 works still, I was thinking that they might have redesigned the code so I would have to Learn it all from scratch ( well not that I learnt much anyways :) .

Chris
Scottie1972
Codenstuff Elite
Codenstuff Elite

Scottie1972
is this stickly for Win8+ ?
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
Since it's not a metro app I'm sure it would run on other operating systems too.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
Scottie1972
Codenstuff Elite
Codenstuff Elite

Scottie1972
smashapps wrote:
Since it's not a metro app I'm sure it would run on other operating systems too.
lol, ok maybe i should more to the point.

I want to add this menu system to my Planets game.
It looks like it would fit in nicely!
Seeing as i am using Framework 4.0 & 4.5 under Win7, I just wanted to know if it would run under
Win7 or not.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
I can't see why it wouldn't run under Win7, though you should probably take out the taskbar and auto start code.

All this really does is scan your program folders for software and collects the icons/shortcuts and then display them in a nice way lol :?
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Scottie1972
Codenstuff Elite
Codenstuff Elite

Scottie1972
CodenStuff wrote:
I can't see why it wouldn't run under Win7, though you should probably take out the taskbar and auto start code.

All this really does is scan your program folders for software and collects the icons/shortcuts and then display them in a nice way lol :?
yeah i figured it was like the AppBar on roids!
But still it fits my idea for the ship's computer interface and commands.
Not to mention the interface for user while they on there/a planet.
Dummy1912
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Dummy1912
seems not working for me on win7 x86 :(

visit us on:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Lau ... -Run.shtml
Check it out ! http://www.softpedia.com/publisher/I-A- ... 90017.html
Check it out ! http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-En ... lock.shtml
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Source-Code”