EzPush - Updates

Here is the place to post images, videos and downloads of your current and upcoming applications that you are working on.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

EzPush - Updates
visualtech
Updates

Now, after about 2 HARD months of intense work, we finally have some updates (not screenshots)

Here's the progress:
- API - 45%
- WebUI - 10%

Expected BETA release: 2 weeks.

===============================================================

So, as (a few) of you might know that #Casirus and I are working on a Push Notification service called EzPush (I know what you're thinking: why everything is: Ez or Easy? The answer being that it's simple TOO easy.). Those of you who don't know what Push Notifications are, a simple example would be the notifications you see on your iOS app, say: "App v1.1 is released! Do you want to download it?" or something like that. However, if you want to read more about it, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_Notifications is the place for you.

Hmm... That sounds good, so what about it?

Meet Stickly, an average .NET Developer.

He got famous because of his app, Foo

This app reached millions of customers and got a 5 star rating, but it would be nothing but a disaster for him to update the application because he forgot to add an updater. The good part is that, luckily, he had implemented EzPush in the app for some reason.
Now a new version has been released with newer and cooler features than the old one. The existing users of the application are just delighted to try this but can't update the older version. They know that re-installing would remove all of their playlists and stuff. Now, (in these circumstances) he has 2 options:

1) Drown himself. (Not a good one.) [What the heck! Pacific Ocean ]

2) Use EzPush's Web UI to send a QuikNotif message. The image below shows you what it all looks like:

After Stickly has sent the message to the servers, the API embedded in his application, by magic (we all know what it is) checks for any available notifications, and if there are any; it returns back the Notification Key and ID and shows it to the user. Ta-da, simple huh?

That's the goofy backend stuff.

The question arising in your mind would be, "Hmmm..... That's sounds interesting, but in the past I have used a Push Notification service and after skimming through the documentation, I didn't have any hair left to test it in my app."

The simple and straight forward answer to that would be: we literally banged our heads, tore our hair, and committed suicide; (everything is true except for the last part, :) ). So you just have to reference it, add about 4-5 lines of code, and you're done.

Just keep an eye on the thread as we would post the updates related to the project. :)

Throw in your comments to tell us what you think.
Last edited by visualtech on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

#visualtech #Casirus This looks very interesting and it seems like a lot of time has been put in building the concept cooll;
Looking forward to the final production !

btw. What did you make the images/sketches with ?
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

thx man! it's a tool called Balsamiq Mockups http://balsamiq.com and I will soon have a (mod approved) give away of the License)
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Work in Progress”