PC Keeps Blowing Fuses??

Anything not covered in the other sections like Computer trouble - Hardware Issues - Upgrades and other technical stuff to be asked in here please.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

PC Keeps Blowing Fuses??
hungryhounduk
Hi All
Another Saga in my Computer Troubles devil;
My Pc keeps blowing the Fuses in the plug, every couple of days it will just stop and turn off, and if i change the Fuse it starts up and is fine for a couple of more days ten does the same :roll: I have changed the Fuse's 3 times so far and it has got on my nerves and i am now typing this using the PowerMac :? The only problem is that Macs dont run VB :? so i will probably not be doing much as i only have the PC Laptop and the 15" screen on that will drive me mad goofy; trying to do VB on that...

So what do you think?

Power Supply Knackered?
or something more sinister devil;

Chris
Nery
Co-Admin Moderator
Co-Admin Moderator

Re: PC Keeps Blowing Fuses??
Nery
Oh my god... You should have some kind of problem in your computer's supply... Try changing it.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Hello,

Oh thats not good hungryhounduk!. Have you tried plugging it into a different socket?. Have you bought any new electric items or plugged something in somewhere recently that you dont usually have on?

You should also try using a different power cord. If none of those work then it must be your PSU and needs replacing before it blows your motherboard :( .

After trying those and before buying a new one you could try looking at your PSU fan at the back of your computer and make sure its not blocked by dust because that can overheat it and blow circuits and stuff. I usually open up my computer once a year and use a soft paint brush to get rid of all the dust on motherboard and other hardware. Youll be surprised how cool your computer runs when you get rid of all the dusk.

Hope you manage to sort it out mate cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Hi
I have tried 3 different leads and they work for a couple of days then the fuse goes.
I will see if i cannot get another PSU from somewhere..

Thanks for the tips, about cleaning etc, as they do get dusty..

cheers

Chris
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Hello,

Have you managed to fix your PC hungryhounduk?.

Hope so :?
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Hi Codenstuff
No I have unhooked the pc and now have the PowerMac and my Laptop up and running in its place :( The Powermac i now use for Flash,Photoshop, and the Laptop is now running VB 2008 Pro, so i will be doing it on that till i can sort out the power supply probs and i'm using the laptop for internet as well now. It's just a shame that the Laptop only has a 15" screen size and i did have it hooked up to the 17" Tank but decided to stay with the Laptop display of 15" for ease of use, as i have spare Keyboards and a Wireless Mouse but that would mean having all the clutter on the desk ;) and i hate clutter :P ..... Still beggers can't be choosers :)

Chris
reececlarke
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

reececlarke
have you try switching the plug [ ]
[
reececlarke
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

reececlarke
oh in the side of you laptop should be the blue thing that is on your computer just pug the screen in to it your laptop screen should be black and the other screen on
utilities

utilities
there will be a short circuit in the wire or in the motherboard.
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
just an update on this subject...............................................

After i posted saying that the computer was blowing fuses, I unhooked the computer and was using my Laptop and my Powermac, after about 2 weeks of getting frustrated using the Laptop i hooked the Computer back up and was prepared to use it and change the fuses if it blew again ;) But it has been good as gold since with no issues and is running like a dream....well you can see it is as i have been posting lots of stuff over the last month or so, plus running Vb again and everything else with no issues...Oh Happy Days cooll;

so i dont really know what the problem was as it has not happened since..Touch Wood ;)

Thanks all for the replys to this post.

Chris
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “General Help”