Upgrading drivers help

Anything not covered in the other sections like Computer trouble - Hardware Issues - Upgrades and other technical stuff to be asked in here please.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Bogoh67
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Upgrading drivers help
Bogoh67
So I was on my dad's computer today and i saw that the most recent update on his graphics driver was somewhere in 2008. I decided I was going to update it for him, but I ran in to some trouble along the way

I started by checking his computer model and his manufacturer

Then i went to the website and entered the details

I saw this as the listed drivers available for download

I checked his graphics card and it turned out to be this

I decided not to contact Acer/Gateway (I am not actually sure acer owns gateway, but I think I saw that somewhere). Judging by the fact the last time I talked to Acer they had awful customer support I came to you guys for the answer. Even if acer doesn't own Gateway the last time i asked gateway a question they put my on hold for quite some time. So what do you think I do next? Should I go to AMD and search for the driver there? Because I already have and I can't find it because their website is confusing to me.

Thanks and goodbye.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

Re: Upgrading drivers help
comathi
If you have an HD screen, then a VGA driver is definately not the best choice.

But yes, I would recommend going directly to AMD. I have Intel HD graphics, and although I now get updates for it through Windows Update, I had to get it directly from Intel the first time.
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

Re: Upgrading drivers help
mandai
It may be possible that your machine has a video card that was not supplied by the manufacturer; in this case it would be best to get the driver from ATI.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “General Help”