Programming a real thing xD

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
18 posts Page 1 of 2
CodenBoy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Programming a real thing xD
CodenBoy
Hello all,

I just wanna know how can we program apps but we also make our own widget or gadget for it, like MP3 / ipod or like GPS Garmin xD< just examples of what i mean gadget,

Which language can they be programmed on?
and can we do it in VB?
and what we call them XD?

THannnkKs

loove;
Filip
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Re: Programming a real thing xD
Filip
It depends on product. If product is based on Android, you use Java for developing apps. iOS, xCode etc.
CodenStuff wrote:
Nope, it's just your sick and dirty mind. You sick twisted warped little pervo :D
CodenBoy
Top Poster
Top Poster

CodenBoy
xD i didnt mean that, i mean i make my own thing, xCode is for ipad/iphone and stuff, but i wanna make something like that for example type in google "gadget" and see the stuff u get :D that wat i mean
muttley1968
Hardcore Programmer
Hardcore Programmer

muttley1968
this depends do you mean like for a desktop on windows or do you mean your own program with this function because if soo what i would recomen is just using mdi and then making the widgets children but if you mean a desktop gadget then simply make the gadget and then play arround with the topmost controll untill you have it only on desktop :P
Bogoh67
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Bogoh67
Or do you mean like a plugin that other people can code for and the user install it?
CodenBoy
Top Poster
Top Poster

CodenBoy
I mean, i wanna make something "HARD" not "SOFT" i mean hard = real thing, like a USB, hard disk, ipod, Television XD i wanna code something for these stuff how? i mean i wanna make them xD how? where to learn? XD
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
Well, an obvious choice would be the Raspberry Pi, the 25$ computer. You could buy a couple of them, and then, with a little knowledge, use Linux-based software or create your own.
DeveloperJacob
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

It's realy hard to make that yourself. You should write a book about your product of hundreds of pages. Then you should send your book to someone who can make hardware gadgets but then you risk the following problem:

The next problem will be that you first prototype of your gadget will be hundreds of dollars more expensive than the final version in stores.

Conclusion: Making hardware gadgets yourself is realy hard.

(And if you still want to try, try a DIY kit.)
CodenBoy
Top Poster
Top Poster

CodenBoy
hmm im gonna check what comathi + jacobie said, but i just wanna make them for personal use BUT i didnt know its that hard, thought u buy a kit and program in vb xD :( thanks!
kolega28
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

kolega28
Use an arduino, its a little thing like the Raspbery pi but it's not an actual computer, it simply only has I/O slots and I think a USB plug to plug it in to your computer and use the special software to program the I/O slots. It's not really expensieve and the language for coding is c or c++. For the actual I/O stuff it really depends on what you want to do. Let's take a GPS for example, It requires a screen with a touch interface, a memory card, a geographical data receiver and the rest is optional.
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”