Microsoft vs Apple

Important site announcements and information.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Microsoft vs Apple
CodenStuff
WWDC 2012

To the disappointment of Apple fans there is still no news on the iPhone 5 but people expect news of the next iPhone to be announced later this year with a possible release around the holiday season? I wouldnt think the next iPhone would be released so soon after the 4S but you never know.

Apple held its WWDC (Worldwide Developers Conference) this week revealing some new hardware and software and here are some highlights from from http://www.business2community.com

New MacBook Pro
15.4 Retina display, 256GB of flash storage, a 2.3GHz quad-core i7 processor with 8GB of 1600MHz RAM (upgradeable to 16GB) and a GeForce GT 650M graphics processor with 1GB of VRAM. The Retina-display MacBook Pro starts at $2199 and the standard 15 inch model starts at $1799. The 13-inch model starts at $1199.
New Mountain Lion Features
Apple’s next OS X update will cost $20 and will be available for download in July. OS X Mountain Lion comes with some neat new features including Dictation on the Mac, Power Nap, and iCloud Tabs. Developer Preview 4 was released today with a build number of 12A239, while OS X Server Developer Preview 5 has a build number of 12S254j.
iOS6
..over 200 new features including a new and improved Siri, a revamped Maps app, shared Photo Streams via iCloud and more Facebook integration..
Siri Updates
Siri has gotten a facelift and includes new functionality like providing sports scores and schedules, making restaurant reservations through the OpenTable application, find local movies listings and even launch apps. You’ll also find Siri speaking new languages like Spanish, Italian and French.
Apple have always been very secretive about its products and causing a wave of rumours to surface whenever they make new announcements and it appears Microsoft may be heading in the same direction as they schedule an event next week in L.A.

Microsoft have invited the press (at short notice) to an event in L.A next week according to sources at TheWrap.com
The company has scheduled a secretive event for Monday at 3:30 p.m. June 18 in Los Angeles, where it will make a "major" announcement whose nature has not been disclosed. Even the venue has not yet been announced.

"Major" is a powerful word and makes you wonder what Microsoft could be getting ready to announce and especially at such short notice. Rumours are already spreading the Microsoft may be taking a leaf out of Apple's book and creating their own branded tablet computer...we can only guess at this point.

Its been an exciting year for tech enthusiasts around the world and we can only imagine where its going to go from here.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

Re: Apple vs Microsoft
comathi
I bet it's something Windows 8 related :lol: Obviously if they're keeping it a secret it must be something pretty cool :D This should be interesting.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: Microsoft vs Apple
Usman55
Secrets don't always mean cool. But still, I would like it to be cool. I wonder what Microsoft is hiding. I read a lot of articles regarding WIN8 and it's obvious MS is looking forward to touch as a base for the future. Apple is having a different view though i.e. Speech Recognition. Correct me if I'm wrong.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
What I meant is that if they're so secretive about something most likely related to their next operating system, it must be because they want to get people all excited about a new feature or technology. Something cool :lol:
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
I found out a bit more information in the email Microsoft sent out to the press they said "This will be a major Microsoft announcement – you will not want to miss it." ...and Nokia have added 2 mysterious photo to their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/NokiaUS with 6.18.12 in big letters on the front and some weird map behind it and a synthesizer..so both Microsoft and Nokia will make some big announcement on Monday.

Other rumours spreading are that they will announce the W8 phone, Nokias PureView tablet, Microsoft will be taking on Google and Apple with its own mapping technology or something about xbox entertainment.

Microsoft also said they wont be revealing where the venue is until Monday morning which makes it even more secretive and probably intentional to stop certain people attending/crashing the party lol.

The mystery deepens :? lol
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
Well, I heard somewhere that Microsoft and Nokia had gotten into a partership to ship Nokia phones out with Windows phone, 8 I guess :lol: So they might be announcing something related to that on Monday :D
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Announcements”