Talk about anything to do with MACs
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Another Mac for my Collection
hungryhounduk

My G4 PowerMac dual 1.25 with 2 gig of ram has been having issues lately, it keeps freezing up after about 10 mins :( So i have saved some cash and bought the one above in the Picture as well as a 20" Dell Widescreen Monitor ( as my 22" Screen went KAPUT a while back).

So hopefully i might be able to use the 2 Gig of Ram from my G4 on the G5, but knowing my luck it wont be compatable :)

I have a copy of SnowLeopard so when i get the G5 i will update it, I have been wanting to get Leopard on one of my other Macs ( i have 5 now) but as they are practically giving away DECENT macs on Ebay i decided to Buy it. Not bad for £100.00 & £10.00 Postage.

The Monitor Cost me £89.00(Free Postage) and 1 year Warranty

I am gonna dual boot Windows with Bootcamp on the Mac, it will be nice using Leopard as i have been using Tiger 10.11 for years now.

Happy Days

Chris
zachman61
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Another Mac for my Collection
zachman61
How big is HDD on it?
Nailing my feet to the floor is easier than using my own muscles to balance, but you don't see me doing that :)
GoodGuy17
Coding God
Coding God

GoodGuy17
zachman61 wrote:
How big is HDD on it?
It says in the picture, "2 x 80 GIG".
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
Which equals to '160 GIG'.

@hungry, why is the latest/best mac yet. Don't list the mac whose capabilities are reduced to make it portable, like the mac mini.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice! I hope you will be making some great graphics and animations with that :D
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Which equals to '160 GIG'.

@hungry, why is the latest/best mac yet. Don't list the mac whose capabilities are reduced to make it portable, like the mac mini.
mmm well If i had the cash i would buy the 27" Imac loove; the Aluminium one, Quad core,16Gig Ram, with Lion OP/SYS...

I think that would be more than enough power to do anything either on the Mac and or Dual Boot with windows on it.
Nice! I hope you will be making some great graphics and animations with that
Yes I hope so :)

Chris
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
Anyways, yesterday I was doing a lil' research on apple history and read almost all the pages on Wikipedia.

Hungry, can you please tell me the latest/best mac model yet. You said that you wanted to buy that one but you didn't said it's the latest/best.

And also, coolest-gadgets is one of the websites which I visit 3-4 times daily (That's the amount of times I use my laptop in a day). And I saw this yesterday: http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20120204 ... se-ipad-2/ I was amazed to see that and it's quite cheap as well.
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Hungry, can you please tell me the latest/best mac model yet. You said that you wanted to buy that one but you didn't said it's the latest/best.
Go to the Apple site and check out this = the MAC PRO
http://www.apple.com/macpro/

This is probably the Latest and Best Mac on the MARKET, Other than that the IMac comes in second on the List.

If you want the BEST then = Its the Most Expensive in the shop :)

Chris
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Yeah!!

My G5 arrived Yesterday
I was amazed that it came as we had all that snow :) but it did, and yeah its been running fine with no probs so far.

Just loaded all me software onto it and done HUGE UPDATE from Apple..

The G5 is great, its quiet (not like a PC) it goes into sleep mode and Turns itself off then you press a Keyboard Button and it wakes up :) its Fast, I cannot get my Ram form my G4 to work with it so its just got the 2Gig of Ram it came with, but i can add another 2Gig so that will be 4Gig in total.

Leopard is pretty neat, I like the coverflow Options and Preview of images, and the stacks are a really good way to get at ya Documents/Files all from the desktop Dock, I wonder if Windows will go that way in the future? its a great little touch, that works really well.

The only thing I am dissapointed about is = I have no Bootcamp Installed? :( I imagine that Bootcamp is a Option that you load when you set up Mac OSX Leopard from scratch from disc.. and as i dont have a Leopard Install Disc, that will be my next Investment.

I really do love Macs

Happy Days

Chris
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “General Discussion”