AppPin Contest (60 Credits to Winner)

Here you will find the latest competition contest and the entries for them. Hurry and submit yours now.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

So lets say you're creating a web layout, and doing the coding in a text editor.

When you're ready to preview the changes you've made you click the browsers refresh button, but the text editor goes below the browser.

What if you wanted the text editor pinned (aka displaying above all other windows). Well that's the point of this contest.

Now there's an app that already does this called WindowPinner that works pretty well, but doesn't work with some apps.

I want you the developer to think of ways to do this, but making it easy, and simple for the user. For example a hotkey.

RULES:
  • App MUST be created by you!
  • No stolen content allowed!
  • If any images/icons are used in the app they MUST be created by you, or another member here on Code'N'Stuff.
  • If another member here on Code'N'Stuff created any images/icons for your app. You MUST state who created the images/icons and they will receive 20 credits, and you'll get the additional 40.
Judging:
Userability, and Customization

Judges:
Mike (me)
Martin
????????

(If you want to be a judge send me a pm)

Contest ends at the end of the month. (January 31, 2012. 10:00pm CST)
All submissions past the exportation date will not be eligible in the contest.
Last edited by mikethedj4 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Axel
Coding God
Coding God

So basically this should keep the windows you want on top of all others ? Or not movable ?
http://vagex.com/?ref=25000
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

This competition is really easy, after we put the window top, should there be another button to disable that windows top or should it remain top even after the our app shuts down

Also, will this be judged for GUI ?
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Axel wrote:
So basically this should keep the windows you want on top of all others ? Or not movable ?
Yes, and as for the not movable part. That's up to you the developer to decide.
Codex wrote:
This competition is really easy, after we put the window top, should there be another button to disable that windows top or should it remain top even after the our app shuts down

Also, will this be judged for GUI ?
I figured it'd be an easy 60 credits. :D

I'd recommend a button to disable it, but again it's up to the developer.

Judging for GUI all depends on how it resides on the app for pinning, unpinning, customizability, etc:
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Competitions”