"Advanced" Auto Updater?

Do you need something made? then ask in here.
Forum rules
Please LOCK your topics once you have found the solution to your question so we know you no longer require help with your query.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Cali Alec
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

"Advanced" Auto Updater?
Cali Alec
Ight, so I know how to make an Auto Updater, so it detects it, and downloads it as "newversion.exe", but I'm wondering if there is a way for it to download the update, and delete the old version, and rename the new version from "newversion.exe" to the applications name.

Thanks alot!
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Advanced" Auto Updater?
CodenStuff
Hello,

Yes the update checker tutorial does exactly that. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=155

When your application detects an update it shutsdown then launches the updatechecker.exe which downloads the update then deletes the old file and replaces it with the new one all automatically.

Happy coding! cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Cali Alec
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: "Advanced" Auto Updater?
Cali Alec
CodenStuff wrote:
Hello,

Yes the update checker tutorial does exactly that. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=155

When your application detects an update it shutsdown then launches the updatechecker.exe which downloads the update then deletes the old file and replaces it with the new one all automatically.

Happy coding! cooll;
Ohhhhh!!! LOL, I'm sorry, I should of looked harder! Thank you though!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Tutorial Requests”