Simplest contacts app ever?

If you have completed an application and wish to share the complete source/project files with everyone then please post it in here. Source-code files only, no tutorials.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Simplest contacts app ever?
CodenStuff
Hello Coders,

This is source-code for a super quick and basic contact list, add your friends name, email and phone number.

It also saves and loads the data using Json.

Is it the simplest contact app ever?

Can you do one with the same features using less code?

Nice challenge for you there :lol:
Contacts.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Dummy1912
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Simplest contacts app ever?
Dummy1912
cool :)
never knew you can use .json for all kinds of apps
visit us on:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Lau ... -Run.shtml
Check it out ! http://www.softpedia.com/publisher/I-A- ... 90017.html
Check it out ! http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-En ... lock.shtml
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Yes Json is a really efficient and easy way of saving/loading data. I started using it in VB about a year ago and its really improved a lot of my projects since then..and the data can easily be transferred and used on web sites and web apps as well.

#comathi posted a good tutorial for VB: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=11520
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
I've made something similar to this but without json, I might use this in a future project thanks #CodenStuff.

Maybe we can keep our contacts online and access our contacts list from mobile, web or desktop.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
CodenStuff wrote:
Yes Json is a really efficient and easy way of saving/loading data. I started using it in VB about a year ago and its really improved a lot of my projects since then..and the data can easily be transferred and used on web sites and web apps as well.

#comathi posted a good tutorial for VB: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=11520
Json seems like a better choice when it comes to loading data than XML, who else agrees with that statement :P ?

#CodenStuff
smashapps wrote:
I've made something similar to this but without json, I might use this in a future project thanks #CodenStuff.

Maybe we can keep our contacts online and access our contacts list from mobile, web or desktop.
Use #codevoo maybe ? Would be really easy
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
clanc789
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

clanc789
I know nothing about JSON, but is it encrypted? Or like XML freely accessible with notepad or any other text editor for that matter (i.e. the my.settings settings can be changed with notepad without the program detecting the change (only if it is out of bounds (string/char differencee))?
Practice makes perfect!

VIP since: 6-10-2011
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
JSON is freely accessible. It's just another way of formatting data. Instead of having tags like XML and HTML, it uses arrays and dictionaries.

Here's an example of JSON data that would be returned (in plain text) by the Codevoo API:
Code: Select all
[
   {
      "username": "Codevoo",
      "avatar": "http:\/\/www.codevoo.com\/images\/no_avatar.gif",
      "email": "me@email.com",
      "colour": "000"
      "type": "0"
   }
]
As you can see, the data above contains an array (with a single element), each element in this array is a dictionary with itself 5 key-value pairs (username, avatar, email, colour, type).

You can learn more about JSON here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSON
clanc789
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

clanc789
Thanks Comathi, I'll check that when I'm back home since dislike XML (which is probably because of me rather than XML itself, but either way :P).

Also, the Jack the Ripper killer was identified, but maybe cody has something to do with it as he suggests in his contacts app :O
Practice makes perfect!

VIP since: 6-10-2011
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Source-Code”