Gimp - 3D Bowl

Learn how to use software like Photoshop and Gimp to create your own custom graphics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Gimp - 3D Bowl
mikethedj4
Video Video Tutorial On YouTube

First off create a new document, and make sure the width, and height are exactly the same.
ex. Mine is 400x400

Now right click the layer, and click on "Add Alpha Channel".

Now half of 400 is 200, so I'm going to remove the white above so I can get the 3d bowl I need.

Now go ahead, and give your bowl a texture, you can adjust it layer on, but this is the main texture.

Now head to Filters/Map/Map Object
Make sure it's mapped to Sphere, and has a transparent background.

Click the Orientation tab, and adjust z to what you like.

You can now go to the light tab, and adjust the lighting, however I left it at it's default.

Your bowl should look like this so far.

You can now crop it, and you're done, however I thought I'd give it a different texture then what I have now. So duplicate the layer, and set it's layer mode to Multiply.

Now create a new layer, and fill it in with the whatever gradient you like, I chose Golden.

Now what I did is I copied haft of the right side, and pasted it on the left, and flipped it, so I can get a cleaner texture (kind of what we did in the beginning of removing the background to get the base of the bowl)

Were now finished, and here's my final result.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: Gimp - 3D Bowl
Usman55
Hello there,

The bowl looks great but I think you should make its surface thicker in some way. I mean if I will eat in that bowl, I might get a cut on my finger, lol!
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: Gimp - 3D Bowl
mikethedj4
This was a really old tutorial I found of mine and just thought I'd share it, and yeah I agree.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “GFX Tutorials”