My New Website Design

Created or found some images that you would like to share with others? please post them in here. Buttons, backgrounds, borders or any images people could use in there applications.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

My New Website Design
mikethedj4
In Action: http://mikethedj4.github.io/
new-web-layout.png
Here are the plugins I'm using...
Typer.JS
Fotorama

Responsive design is handled by percent based widths ( which images are used to reset the iframes and make those responsive as well by setting the iframes width and height to the hidden image )

I also have some absolute positioning for the above display content, and the navigation bar. Javascript does all the hard work for me, with a little bit of media queries to make sure everything runs smoothly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Re: My New Website Design
Codex
*I'll make a quick reply of my honest opinion (critical feedback is always good)*

The first section, with the avatar and "Web UI/UX Designer" looks nice, but everything after needs working. The third section, the gallery, is crowded. In my honest opinion, I think it would look much better if you removed the border for the text (Such as "greetings", "Gallery" text).

Every time someone wants to visit your website, I hope they don't have to see the same "playback" or the intro with the Typer.js. Imagine if you had to watch an animation every time you wanted to visit CodenStuff, you would just get bored waiting for the actual content (the animations is somewhat slow)
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: My New Website Design
mikethedj4
I made some minor modifications sense last post.

My layout definitely won't suite everybody. I designed it to be incredibly responsive and easy to read. With links to software I've created along with a preview of some of my work.

Most of my clients like photo galleries like Fotorama. It works great for responsive design and is easy to use. The gallery does not obstruct the user from scrolling up or down the page, and the user is still able to browse the gallery from sliding, or the thumbnail slides (which are also scrollable)

The type writing effect has become a very popular request. I see it more and more. Therefore because me site is acting more as a portfolio than a hangout I integrated that encase anymore of my clients would want it.

I was thinking about using localStorage to save the html state when it's done animating. I asked a few people what they thought prior before hand. My neighbor's, friends, and clients said they'd like the animation to be viewable each time cause it makes my site feel more "alive". I'm still not sure if that's the best way to go yet. I've been tallying up to see which is liked more. I'll know this Saturday if it's worth keeping the animation on play each time the user loads the page or not.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “GFX Media”