StageOne

Here is the place to post images, videos and downloads of your current and upcoming applications that you are working on.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Smiley
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

StageOne
Smiley
Hi Guys Smiley Here
About 2 years ago i discovered a component that claimed to use VLC independently which is to say it does not required VLC player to be installed on the host computer, i myself have not tested this claim but if it is true then this could be quite a helpful component for people who want a robust media player component to replace WMP without the need for a pre-installed application after some research i figured out how to implement it into an application and use it.

This application is not finished and the component itself is very limited lacking subtitle customization, aspect ratio or crop changing and many other features but here it is StageOne open source media player.

This file is hosted off-site.

Screenshots:

P.s if your pc does not have VLC media player and this application still plays media files please let me know i'm very curious

Stay classy, Smiley cooll;
anthonygz

Re: StageOne
anthonygz
I'll post a bit of a small review, since there's none so far.

The Application seems to run fine while It's in and out of Visual Studio, but It refuses to play any kind of media and becomes responsive or freezes when i click the play button.

It could just be my end acting up, but what would the version of Visual Studio you made it in be?

2010?
2012?
2013?

Otherwise, the only thing's that work is the actual opening of the Application, importing files (partially) and that's about it.

Edit 1:
The Video File's take about 2 minutes or at the last a minute and a half to load.
Everything seems to work fine, and without VLC the Video Player is fully functional.

Edit 2:
After loading some media a few more times, the loading times improved.
Still fully functional without any VLC remnants or any VLC product on my system.

Edit 3:
After adding to the GUI (By the way, It looks really great!)
- Volume Indicator
- Playback Indicator
- Runtime Indicator

And sprucing up the program with a bit of extra bells and whistles
- Taskbar Playback Indicator
- Settings Panel
- Open With "App Name Here" for all media files
- Double click to Maximize / Minimize
- Minimize to Taskbar (For Audio Files or whatever)

This could be a pretty Lightweight replacement for the average user!

Bravo!

Edit 4:
Aspect Ratio and Subtitles are kind of oblivious to me as of now, Trying to figure out how to implement this.
----
After Scavaging around, there doesn't seem to be any code to adjust the Ratio anywhere so a function would have to be made for that certain task.
The same goes for Subtitles, as there's no function relating to adding or creating or emptying subtitles on the current media.
Smiley
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Smiley
anthonygz wrote:
I'll post a bit of a small review, since there's none so far.

The Application seems to run fine while It's in and out of Visual Studio, but It refuses to play any kind of media and becomes responsive or freezes when i click the play button.

It could just be my end acting up, but what would the version of Visual Studio you made it in be?

2010?
2012?
2013?

Otherwise, the only thing's that work is the actual opening of the Application, importing files (partially) and that's about it.

Edit 1:
The Video File's take about 2 minutes or at the last a minute and a half to load.
Everything seems to work fine, and without VLC the Video Player is fully functional.

Edit 2:
After loading some media a few more times, the loading times improved.
Still fully functional without any VLC remnants or any VLC product on my system.

Edit 3:
After adding to the GUI (By the way, It looks really great!)
- Volume Indicator
- Playback Indicator
- Runtime Indicator

And sprucing up the program with a bit of extra bells and whistles
- Taskbar Playback Indicator
- Settings Panel
- Open With "App Name Here" for all media files
- Double click to Maximize / Minimize
- Minimize to Taskbar (For Audio Files or whatever)

This could be a pretty Lightweight replacement for the average user!

Bravo!

Edit 4:
Aspect Ratio and Subtitles are kind of oblivious to me as of now, Trying to figure out how to implement this.
----
After Scavaging around, there doesn't seem to be any code to adjust the Ratio anywhere so a function would have to be made for that certain task.
The same goes for Subtitles, as there's no function relating to adding or creating or emptying subtitles on the current media.
Hi there anthonygz

To answer your question i used Visual Studio 2013 to make this and also no there is no support for aspect ratio adjustments but i believe if there is a subtitle file in the parent folder of the current playing media file it will load the subtitles.
I'm glad to hear it worked for you without vlc installed and your improvements sound great i'd love to see your revised version, The main reason i released this was as an example for others so they could implement it into there applications i'm happy to see someone interested in this i thought it fell through the cracks.

I'm also glad to hear like my design i tried to make it as simple as possible and i think it turned out pretty good oh and also one of the best features of this component is http streaming but i forgot to include it in the build here is the code if you want to add it.
Code: Select all
            Dim video As MediaInput
            video = New MediaInput(MediaInputType.NetworkStream, "video link")
            VlcPlayerControl1.Play(video)
Sincerley Smiley cooll;
anthonygz

anthonygz
Here's a list of feature's that I've managed to add:
Streaming (thanks to you!) & I added authentication for http or https streams, incase they require an username or password.

Volume indication (Still need a way to get the indicator transparent over the movie)

Play Time Indication

Subtitles System

Video Ratio - Managed to do this, but not without some help from a few of my forum friends on another site.

Options HUD / Menu

Working on:
Touch Controls for Windows 8 / Touch Screen Users
(Finger Swipes & Gestures)
More Codec Support built in, so It really is "Universal".
Remote Control Support with Supported Brands and Devices
Theme Managing & Theme Creation while inside the media player
Support for displaying on another screen
Open Source Plugin Support (wayyy later on, if this gets popular enough or if i decide to continue with this since VLC is perfect enough already, although i suppose i could on my spare time)
Smiley
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Smiley
anthonygz wrote:
Here's a list of feature's that I've managed to add:
Streaming (thanks to you!) & I added authentication for http or https streams, incase they require an username or password.

Volume indication (Still need a way to get the indicator transparent over the movie)

Play Time Indication

Subtitles System

Video Ratio - Managed to do this, but not without some help from a few of my forum friends on another site.

Options HUD / Menu

Working on:
Touch Controls for Windows 8 / Touch Screen Users
(Finger Swipes & Gestures)
More Codec Support built in, so It really is "Universal".
Remote Control Support with Supported Brands and Devices
Theme Managing & Theme Creation while inside the media player
Support for displaying on another screen
Open Source Plugin Support (wayyy later on, if this gets popular enough or if i decide to continue with this since VLC is perfect enough already, although i suppose i could on my spare time)
omg; omg; omg; Well i'm amazed all these features you have added sound great i can't wait to see them when you make a release.

Good job cooll;
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Work in Progress”