How to download and run a file

Use this board to post your code snippets - tips and tricks
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
II Killick8 II
Just Registered
Just Registered

Hello everyone! In this tutorial I am going to show you how to download and run a process (file)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Create a new project and name it. Then on Form1 add ONE BUTTON
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now double click on the button and enter this code:
Code: Select all
My.Computer.Network.DownloadFile("url", "where to download")
        Process.Start("the file")
Where it says url in the code replace that with the URL of the file you want to download.
Replace where it says where to download in the code with a download location(for example: C:\MyFile.exe)
Then finally replace where it says the file in the code with the file where it downloaded to(for example: C:\MyFile.exe)
Thats it! Hope you found this tutorial helpful :D
clanc789
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Re: How to download and run a file
clanc789
You might want to notice that since you download and directly execute a file from the internet some antivirus might give an alert (though it can be a false positive). Dont know how to fix that but is something you should mention afterall.

Hope I helped, have a nice day :D
Practice makes perfect!

VIP since: 6-10-2011
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Quick Snips”