Get Active Contest - *CLOSED*

Here you will find the latest competition contest and the entries for them. Hurry and submit yours now.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
imbeta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Get Active Contest - *CLOSED*
imbeta
****This competition/contest is now closed****

As only hungryhounduk and splinky posted entries I declare them both winners so congratulations both of you cooll; . You will both be promoted to supreme VIPs. Good job and Well done!

As part of the VIP 'promotion' I decided to run a little contest to give you guys something to do and brings great stuff to the site and gets you all active in doing something.

Whats involved:

You can use any programming language VB, C#, C++ in order to take part in this contest and what you have to do is quite simple really.

Open up your favourite IDE and start a new project and make the form size 600 by 500 no more and no less. Thats the only form your allowed to use for the contest now you have to use all of the following controls in your project (ONLY the controls listed below) .

6 Buttons
1 PictureBox
1 TextBox
1 RichtextBox
1 WebBrowser
1 Timer
1 FontDialog
1 FileDialog
1 ColorDialog

Now you can arrange those on your form any way you wish but you must use them all and no other controls. Your goal is simple all you have to do is program your application to do whatever you want, create any type of application but you must use ALL of the controls listed above. Come on guys get your thinking caps on and start programming. Anything goes, whatever knowledge you have in your chosen programming language now is the time to put it to good use. Some examples of things you could do with those controls:

Web Browser
Photo viewer
Change font colors/sizes
Send emails
Make a game
Text editor

Heres a picture of what your application should have on it:

When you have finished your entry post it in the competitions forum and when the contest ends all the applications submitted will be put up for a vote by all community members.

The winner will get the following:

The rank of supreme VIP allowing you unlimited access to the entire site and everything in it.
Your application will also be posted on the main websites tutorial/download sections for everyone to see.
You will also be the first person to receive a copy of iMBETA Instant Messenger even before the VIPs get hold of it.
Im codenstuff.com...Im the moderator...iMBETA
splinky
x Girl Power x
x Girl Power x

Re: Get Active Contest
splinky
im going to enter this ill be back later with my entry x
theres a word for people like you ----- HUMAN
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Hi All
Here is my little Application coded in VB2008 Pro
Its called Html Scripter

What it does

You can open any Html Document and edit it, Plus change the fonts and color of the text and view the edited Html Script in the webbrowser built in to the program. As the Brief for this competition was limited to six buttons and no savefile dialog then you cannot save the edited Html Page... but i hope you like the concept 8-)

I have done a full on version of this program with all Html Tags built in to it which makes creating web pages really easily for Html Virgins and the like, which i will post up too here shortly in the relevant section :P
Last edited by hungryhounduk on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Hello hungryhounduk,

This looks very good cooll;

Any chance of a download link so I can try it out?
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Hi
If you email me your Email Address i wil send it too you

regards

Chris
splinky
x Girl Power x
x Girl Power x

splinky
hungryhound u dog u beat me to my entry hehe anywhos this is my compo submit is a cartoon player plays cartoons off from utube xxxxxxImage

Luv ya all xxXXXXxx vote me loove; loove; loove; loove; loove; loove;
theres a word for people like you ----- HUMAN
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Hello everyone,

This competition will close on the 30th August 2009 12am(GMT) so please post your entries before this date/time or your submission will not be counted.

So far we have only had 2 entries and they are both brilliant and each unique but it would have been good to see more people taking part and I hope some of you do ;) . This contest is ending to make way for some new ones and information about these will be posted on codenstuff.com within the next couple of weeks.

Thank you.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Comeon Guys and Gals

you have just under 6 + 1/2 Hours before the deadline for the Competition ends :(

Be nice if you all could make some kind of an Effort ;)

Chris
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Competitions”