Hungryhound's Original App Competition

Here you will find the latest competition contest and the entries for them. Hurry and submit yours now.
222 posts Page 1 of 23
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

First Prize Money has now been Upped to £20.00

There are 3 Prizes to WIN,Ist Prize For best app, 2nd prize for Runner up, and 3rd Prize

See below for Details on the Prizes

Hi All
Right lets see if you can all get your creative Hats on and come up with a Application that not only inspires others to get creative, but really shows everyone How good you are at VB...

The Prize I will donate £20.00 to anyone who can WOW me with an excellent App that shows your skills at its best..... wahooo;

I will send the WINNER £20.00 by Paypal to your Account, If you dont have a paypal account then we will have to think of another way to get the Cash too you...money Order etc.

The app can be anything you like, but has to be Original and NOT Something we have all seen before cooll;

Closing Date for this Competition is 1 month from now.. the 17th APRIL 2010 at 10pm GMT Time, and I will announce the WINNER THE NEXT DAY

I will be judging it myself, so please lets see what you can do..

***So to recap It has to be an ORIGINAL Application by you = NO Mp3 Players/Webbrowsers/Media Players or any other application that we have seen posted on this site.***

The Money I am donating as the PRIZE is comming out of my own Pocket, So this is going to be for the Best Application that is Submitted, I will treat you all the same, I dont have any Favourites, So it's up to you all to work hard to Create an application that will not only show that your are competant with VB but also have the Skills to Impress ( bit like a job Interview :lol: ).

This will be a real challenge for you all and i hope we have lots of great Submissions. cooll;

But what an easy way to get FREE CASH if you are a VB Guru cooll; ;)

Happy Competition Coding :)

Chris

Ps> Instead of just One Winner I will have 3 Prizes

First Prize for the Best App = £20.00

Runner Up 2nd Prize = 3D Gamemaker Program on CDROM ( makes your own shoot em up games to keep or give to others, and is pretty cool, with lots of options, different games to make etc, and is a FULL Program, Proper in Case with Serial . )

Runner Up 3rd Prize = Xara X, 3d creation and Graphic creating App, FULL PROGRAM with Case and Serial, ( I won this in a Competition in a Computer Magazine, but have never used it as i have photoshop, but its prety cool and will be a great addition to anyone if you want to create 3d images and good graphics.( 2 x cd's )
Last edited by hungryhounduk on Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:40 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Scottie1972
Codenstuff Elite
Codenstuff Elite

Im in!
This will be difficult! There has been alot of projects produced on this website.
So to be something brand new. That will be the challenge!
Last edited by Scottie1972 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Great Stuff Scottie, bring these apps on :)
Last edited by hungryhounduk on Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello hungryhounduk,

This is a great idea and I cant wait to see what everyone submits. Everyones been finding it hard to think of new ideas so this will certainly be a challenge.

Good luck everyone cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

This is a great idea and I cant wait to see what everyone submits. Everyones been finding it hard to think of new ideas so this will certainly be a challenge
Hi Codenstuff
yes that's why i have decided to post this competition, I want to see some awesome apps that just blow peoples minds, and hopefully inspire others to get involved with this great site cooll;

This competition is open to all, even Codenstuff Staff ( but not me as i will just be the judge ) and i cant enter my own competitions as I might nominate myself as the winner ;) ( only Joking)

Chris
RunarM
Hardcore Programmer
Hardcore Programmer

I'm not creative so i won't win :S
But great competition good luck people =)
Last edited by RunarM on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just another day in my life.
http://www.codexvideos.com
GoodGuy17
Coding God
Coding God

Must it be with VB 08? Or can it be with VB6 too? I'm a whole lot better at VB6...
P.S. Entry limit? (1 entry, 2 entries, etc)
GoodGuy17
Coding God
Coding God

I have an Entry!!!!
Download:
Fahrensius.zip
1st entry
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Must it be with VB 08? Or can it be with VB6 too? I'm a whole lot better at VB6...
P.S. Entry limit? (1 entry, 2 entries, etc)

Hi Reboh
Yes it can be VB6 or VB.net, I should have made that more clear cooll;
and yes you can submit as many apps as you like, as I will be choosing the WINNER by the WOW FACTOR of the Application itself, and the skill that has been involved.

So come on guys and girls, get creative :)

Chris
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

I'm not creative so i won't win :S
But great competition good luck people =)
RunarM
I have seen some of your Apps, like the Ipaint, and that was really good with some great enhancements to it like, Erazer, PictureViewer, and all the other things you added to it which make it better than any other Paint app that i have seen ..

So dont put yourself down, you have good skills and have been submitting some good stuff.

So I hope you will get involved

Chris
222 posts Page 1 of 23
Return to “Competitions”