Cant patch 64 bit... WTF happend to windows

Any questions about installing or configuring software of any type to be asked in here, we will help you.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Okay so i want install some 3rd party themes on my windows

When i had 32 bit windows everything worked fine

With 64 bit it says that you 'maybe' need to patch both system32 (64 bit) and SysWOW64(32 bit copy to run 32 bit apps)

First i tried only 64 bit which didnt work

Then i tried 32 bit too but the themeservice.dll line is greyed and it has no info at all

I tried searching for C:\Windows\SysWOW64\themeservice.dll but it said the file doesnt exist. wtf

Some people have 64 bit and it works for them.

I tried this twice on different windows 64 bit copies and that always happens.

Some of you maybe will suggest UxStyle core so i get the process which will temp patch windows everytime it starts

I tried this once and it worked great but after some time something went wrong, either the theme or the process crashed and i got windows basic theme. I re-enabled windows 7 aero. Then i had to go and turned my comp off. When i turned it back on i heard the logon sound playing longer as usual and i got a bsod. The process was crashing windows and it was stuck. Any ideas wut to do? fight;
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

Its probably not a good idea to patch system files unless it is recommended by Microsoft.

You could put the original files back in place, or you could try a system restore.
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

mandai wrote:
Its probably not a good idea to patch system files unless it is recommended by Microsoft.

You could put the original files back in place, or you could try a system restore.
But i want custom themes D:
Axel
Coding God
Coding God

VistaGlazz does all the work for you
http://vagex.com/?ref=25000
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Axel wrote:
VistaGlazz does all the work for you
Hey is it safe?