SkyDrive Not Syncing!

Any questions about installing or configuring software of any type to be asked in here, we will help you.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

SkyDrive Not Syncing!
Usman55
Hello fellow Codenstuffers,

I've been having trouble with Skydrive ever since it stopped working a week after I first updated Windows 8 to 8.1. It stopped syncing files. I know when it happened. I copied some exe files to the SkyDrive folder, it uploaded a couple of files and then, just stopped.

Now in the metro app, it keeps saying pending. And in the SkyDrive folder in 'Computer', it has the refresh icon on all the new files I copied. I know for sure nothing is being uploaded.

Earlier today, I tried to open a file I successfully uploaded to SkyDrive some time back, and it failed to open saying something about 'timeout period expired'. It should have downloaded the file first in order to open it but it failed to do so. I read an online solution and it said something about deleting the Skydrive settings folder in Appdata/Local/Microsoft and rebooting. I did so and the file opened. But upload is still not working.

When I deleted the SkyDrive settings folder, it removed the data regarding the files to be uploaded. I had made a backup for reinstalling Windows yesterday and I had to copy the files from all around the computer folders finding important settings and other stuff. It took me about 2 hours. Now I had to do it again today because they weren't there in the SkyDrive folder anymore.

So coming back to the problem... I remember I had a similar problem with the desktop SkyDrive app in Windows 8 (not 8.1, it doesn't even have a desktop app anymore). It failed to upload apps or did so at a very low speed. However, I fixed it after going through a lot of solutions but unchecking the 'Upload in Bulk' setting in SkyDrive settings worked for me that time.

I think the problem is still the same as I faced in Windows 8 and I tried to find such a setting but failed to do so. Maybe SkyDrive is trying to upload files in bulk but fail to do so due to slow network speed. (My maximum upload speed is 20 kb/s).

I've tried a hell lot of stuff but nothing seems to work. I would be glad if someone could help me out here. And as a token of thanks, I'll pay 200 cc to whomever's able to figure out a solution.
noypikami
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: SkyDrive Not Syncing!
noypikami
i was using sky drive before, i encountered same problem as you,
i uploaded important files. it really takes ages to upload files specially
if your internet connection is too slow. and it takes ages also to open
a file. now i got a lot of gray hairs because of that. LOLzz :)
so i stopped using it and find a new online storage ( that's my solution)
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
I'm not a user of skydrive so I can't really be much use to you on this problem. I have found a few links on the Microsoft answer site from people having the same problem that may help you:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/sear ... TypeScope=

Hopefully one of those will contain a solution :?
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
I tried about 10 solutions from that link and none worked.

I got my fibre optic connection yesterday and now SkyDrive is working fine. Maybe it was my network problem after all.

Thanks for your replies.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Installing Software”