Blog Improvement Ideas

Need help with the website or have you spotted an error or do you have any suggestions on how tom improve the site please let us know in here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Blog Improvement Ideas
mikethedj4
One thing I got really annoyed with from posting blogs is when I delete it it's still visible, and you always have the option to undelete it, but I want some of the posts permanently deleted, and Code'N'Stuff's blogging platform doesn't offer that just yet, and that's the most important part imo.

I like the ability to change, and choose custom themes, but there isn't a whole lot, and I'd like to be able to customize it myself, but that's not a real big deal though. I love the one I'm using right now :D

Also I believe I mentioned this before, but I'm not to sure, but the blogging platform "Blogger" is powered by Google, and you can get paid using Blogger, and how you get paid is when a user clicks each ad. You only get a few cents, but that builds up overtime, expecially if you have a large crowd (TIP: If you have under 40,000 followers. Don't quit your day job).
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blog Improvement Ideas
CodenStuff
Hello Mike,

In regards to the google adds on blogs im not 100% sure thats possible and/or allowed under the adsense terms :? because the site has an adsense account registered to our URL and if you added adsense to the blogs using your own adsense ID it would still show up in adsense as clicks from this site URL which would make google think we have multiple accounts which is against the terms..if that makes sense lol. I will look into and see if it is ok to do that though because if it is then it wont be too hard to add that feature.

You do need a LOT of users/people to click those ads though because ive had adsense on here for 2 years and so far its only earned us about £15 in revenue total!. Granted most people turn the ads off but still its hard to make any serious money from it unless you have like 1000 clicks a day or something. Its hard to find a good earning source these days that you can earn a reasonable-ish amount of money from without having 100,000's of users/readers and so far the only good way ive found is our credit topup provider which has brought in about $180 this year so far.

I do think of you guys quite a lot though because I know a lot of you need funds to startup websites and buy parts to fix your computers and stuff and ive been trying to find ways for you to earn money from this site but its hard finding the rite source. I thought about integrating linkbucks/swagbucks with your accounts so you could have all the links in your posts redirect through your linkbucks/swagbucks accounts to earn you something each time someone clicks but im not sure how irritating that would be to other users having to view ads all the time. Although if you have a linkbucks/swagbucks account you could add those redirection links in your offsite downloads yourself - didnt think of that did you :P lol

I think the blogs have been a bit neglected because to be honest noone really uses them and there hidden away so not everyone even knows they exist. Blog templates do have an option for adding custom CSS (supposedly to design your own layout) but I turned it off because I couldnt find any documentation/help from the creator on how you use the thing. When I get some time I will take a good look at the blog mod and see what I can do to improve it and make some new layouts for it..oh and fix the deletion issue cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
ok cool. That undelete thing got really annoying
MrAksel
C# Coder
C# Coder

MrAksel
CodenStuff wrote:
Although if you have a linkbucks/swagbucks account you could add those redirection links in your offsite downloads yourself - didnt think of that did you :P lol
I have put some linkbucks links in my offsite downloads sometimes, so you cant say noone does that!
LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT
Laughing my a** of so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco lmao;

Over 30 projects with source code!
Please give reputation to helpful members!

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Website Help & Suggestions”