App Shop - *Coming soon*

Need help with the website or have you spotted an error or do you have any suggestions on how tom improve the site please let us know in here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

App Shop - *Coming soon*
CodenStuff
Hello,

The new "App Shop" feature for the site is close to being ready for live testing and I wanted to post about its features and how it would work. This also gives you the chance to suggest your ideas and thoughts about it in regards to what information should be included, layout, options etc.

The app shop will be an area of the site which lists members apps, scripts, templates, images, sounds and anything else programming/design related that you wish to sell. You will be able to create a listing for your item(s) for sale and accept payment for them via paypal.

The listing screen will look similar to this and contain the following info:
  • Title
    Image/Thumbnail of your item
    Description/Info about what your selling
    Terms and conditions of sale
    Paypal email (needed obviously for payment)
    Price of item
    Currency of payment
Items listed for sale will appear in a page similar to the video gallery for members and guests to browse and when they click your listing it will open up so they can see what its all about like this example:

You will also be able to edit/remove your listing at any time.

The items your selling will NOT be hosted on the site so you will have to send post/email the item to the buyer yourself. The payment process will work like this:

A buyer clicks your purchase link
Buyer pays for the item
Buyer is brought back to the site to a page containing details of their purchase
An email is sent to the buyer with your contact details
You get an email from paypal and a PM on the site letting you know someones just paid for your item
You send the item to the buyer

Alternatively you can host your items on your own site or free filehost and link to it in the email sent to the buyer so they can download it immediately after paying.

So soon you will be able to sell your stuff on the site and maybe make a little spending money out of your creations cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
2cool4cereal2
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: App Shop - *Coming soon*
2cool4cereal2
Interesting.... Will there be any limits to how how the price may be? Also, will you be able to go back and edit/take down apps?
"I try to be modest at all times, and that's what makes me better than everyone else."
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
Sounds cool!! :D
Cheatmasterbw
Coding God
Coding God

Cheatmasterbw
Will we be able to sell items in the shop costing credits, not just money?
Last edited by Cheatmasterbw on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.megaapps.tk/
Axel
Coding God
Coding God

Axel
Cheatmasterbw wrote:
Will we be able to sell items in the shop costing credits, not money?
I hope so...
Me like :D
http://vagex.com/?ref=25000
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
This sounds like a very nice addition to the site. However I'm free software all the way, unless I'm developing/designing something for a company, or an individual person. Then it's different.
Jg99
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Jg99
I would like to sell my software there :)
http://www.sctechusa.com SilverCloud Website
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Hello,

Well I think I have this feature just about ready for testing and I will try to get it up on the site later today or tomorrow at the latest after I finish a few more tweaks here and there.

This new shop feature basically has 3 areas to it which let you create/edit your listings and allow others to browse them and hopefully buy them lol.

The main shop area:

The item page:

The listing editor:

Its all working really well and is easy to use so noone should have any problems with it but then again thats why we need to do some testing so we can get rid of any bugs etc. cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Website Help & Suggestions”