Major Database Tip

Heres your chance to share your own tutorials with the community. Just post them on here. If your lucky they may even be posted on the main site.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Major Database Tip
smashapps
This is a problem I have found. It is so small and trivial. I have spent ages wondering why I have had so many problems with my databases in Visual Basic.

If you have a database in your application change the property from COPY ALWAYS to Do not copy.

When you add the database this database is kept in the debug folder which is where it is used when you run your application and stored in the application folder. At runtime the database is copied from the application folder to the debug folder. Meaning if you do not change that property you can save data to your database then find that the next time you run your application the database is empty again or has the same data as when you started.

Not much of a tutorial but if you do not know that it will cause so many problems later on!

Edit: I just want to point out that this is for when you use an Access Database and the file is being imported from a location other than local (Bin/Debug).
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
Bloodz_Ninja
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Re: Major Database Tip
Bloodz_Ninja
thanks for the information, very useful
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Tutorials”