Programming for Windows Mobile and the Pocket PC

Post your questions regarding programming in Visual Basic 6 in here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Hi All
As i own 2 Pocket PC's ( a Compaq IPAQ H2210 & a Compaq H390 ) and Visual Studio 2005 & 2008 Pro has great support for these devices. I have created my own image viewer application, But alas that is as far i have got, so far ;)

I would be interested if any other members on here have created stuff for them? and if you have what have you coded?

Chris

( I was not sure where to post this, If its in the wrong Section I apologise :oops: So please can you move it too the right one...thanks Chris.)
reececlarke
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

nice
Toxikr3
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Just VERY curious. ^_^

Do you simple load your programs into your device or do you have to modify it or code it differently? Would love to get in on this ^_^

-Toxikr3
Nery
Co-Admin Moderator
Co-Admin Moderator

reececlarke wrote:
nice
Off Topic - What is nice?

Hungry, I've never created a serious application for a pocket PC but I've already been exploring the part of Visual Basic that allows you to do that.
reececlarke
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Nery wrote:
reececlarke wrote:
nice
Off Topic - What is nice?

Hungry, I've never created a serious application for a pocket PC but I've already been exploring the part of Visual Basic that allows you to do that.

well it means good if you realy need to know lol omg;
Nery
Co-Admin Moderator
Co-Admin Moderator

I mean, what is nice in the post? I didn't ask you what "nice" means...
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Just VERY curious. ^_^

Do you simple load your programs into your device or do you have to modify it or code it differently? Would love to get in on this ^_^
Hi Sorry i have not replied to this sooner :oops:

But i have just looked in here and saw your Post...

In VB 2205 and VB2008 Pro You have really Fantastic Support for a whole manner of Smartphones and Pocket Pc's, and you can Download from Microsoft the "VIRTUAL EMULATORS" for these Devices as "SDK'S" (Software Development Kits ) which Loads within VB and Launches a Form/s Identical to The SmartPhone or Pocket pC that you want to Code For cooll;

The Coding is Virtually the same...............I will do a screenshot Later Today to Show you

Chris
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Hi
Here are a few Screenshots of the Pocket Pc Emulater Running within VB 2008 Pro

This Image above is a Little Picture Viewer created for the Pocket Pc and is in Design Mode

This Image above is the Emulator Running and just like Vb it loads like a Form but with the Emulator Present, Which when Connected to the Pc by USB the Pocket Pc Displays what you see as well as the Emulator Running on screen as well 8-) *Not a very good pic this as i had to take a Screenshoot with my Digital Camera of the Computer Screen as When the Emulator is running a Screencapture from the Keyboard does not capture the Emulator..

The Pic above is the Form code and notice that the code is very simple as it was the first thing i did with it just to try it all out..

And just like VB you add components to the Emulater Form, as in the Screenshots above i have just added a Picturebox and a Combobox and a few buttons with File/Exit and About which displays a message about the app itself..

Hope this sheds some light on the Pocket Pc Emulator

* Even if you dont have a Pocket Pc/Smartphone you can still code and create apps in VB 2005/2008 Pro and view it all as like the Pictures above with The Emulators installed within VB, Some of the Different Emulaters need Updates and Files which are available from Microsoft for Free.............So this is well worth a look if you are all interested in Designing stuff for them... cooll;

Chris
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “General coding help”