API is Live

Guides, Help & Support, Tutorials and Examples on how to access and use the Site API.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

API is Live
CodenStuff
Hello Coders,

The API (as it is so far) is now live on the site and ready to be used by anyone wanting to create some great apps, software and widgets ect.

The API Url is:
api/LiveAPIJsonXML.php
A change has been made which means you can no longer use your 'user id' to connect with the API instead you now use your username which makes things easier and you can find your API Key displayed in the top-right corner of this forum section.

For the time being we have usage limits in place to prevent abuse of the API and these are as follows.

You are allowed 150 requests and 25 posts within any 24-hour period.

These limits will be automatically reset every 24 hours but once you reach your daily limit you will no longer be able to access the API until they are reset.

The API guides have been updated with new information and I will post more in the future to keep you up to date on whats new and any changes that are made.

To demonstrate some of the things you can do with the API I made a quick program for accessing and using the sites social messages feature:

CnSSocial.zip

Hopefully it will work without any problems.

Until I get around to posting more guides if you have any questions about the API just post in here and I will try to answer them for you cooll;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
zachman61
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: API is Live
zachman61
Nice job, looks alot better than the original user api :P.
Nailing my feet to the floor is easier than using my own muscles to balance, but you don't see me doing that :)
Warlord67
Just Registered
Just Registered

Warlord67
why 25 posts only?
it should be at least 100
to make it more fun
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
At the moment the only available feature that allows for submitting (posting) is the social messages feature and as with the on-site version you are only allowed to post 10 updates and 15 replies a day which = 25 total so that is all you need.

When more features are added these limits will go up cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Warlord67
Just Registered
Just Registered

Warlord67
oh sorry i thought it was 25 posts for forum i didnt see the twitter like, thingy my bad
GoodGuy17
Coding God
Coding God

GoodGuy17
Sorry for the bump but when I view api/LiveAPIJsonXML.php the only thing I see is "Fail".

Did you disable the API or is there something wrong with it?
Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Shim
GoodGuy17 wrote:
Sorry for the bump but when I view api/LiveAPIJsonXML.php the only thing I see is "Fail".

Did you disable the API or is there something wrong with it?
you can't just go for the API you need a parameter , take a look here viewtopic.php?f=226&t=10259
Find my programs on Softpedia
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Codenstuff API”