Resize Frame & Context menu help

If you need help with a project or need to know how to do something specific in VB.NET then please ask your questions in here.
Forum rules
Please LOCK your topics once you have found the solution to your question so we know you no longer require help with your query.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
muttley1968
Hardcore Programmer
Hardcore Programmer

Hello people,
I am adding panels to my form and i would like to add resize frames to each panel when its created.

I want a frame like you would get if you added an image to word or powerpoint.
but not sure how to do this.

Also i have added a context menu and i link it on creation but im trying to make the button dock the panel i tried this code
sender.Dock = DockStyle.Left
but it does not work, it does not select the panel but the context menu and im not sure how to make it select the panel.

any help would be much apreshated
muttley1968
Hardcore Programmer
Hardcore Programmer

Quick update!

After some searching online i have found a quick fix for the menu part of my post and its very effective and allows me to do so much more.
So to start off with i set a public class like so
Code: Select all
public selectedcontrol as control
once i have done that i add the next bit of code to the mouse down which i apply to the panels through adding a handler on creation
Code: Select all
selectedcontrol = DirectCast(sender, Control)
This little bit of code is so very helpful and is allowing me alot more control over the programe i am working on.

i still need some help with a wireframe for resizing however, i have found a bit online to add a frame but the resize part is not proving quite as easy to add
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Coding Help & Support”