2 weeks until launch

Talk about Windows 10, get help & support, share tips, tricks and useful links.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

2 weeks until launch
CodenStuff
Windows 8 Launch

It has been over a year since Windows 8 was handed over to developers at BUILD last September and since then millions of people have been getting to grips with the UI formerly known as Metro and developing apps and porting Windows Phone apps to Windows 8 and manufacturers have been working hard developing new PC's, Tablets and phone hardware designed to make the most of this new OS.

In just over 2 weeks time (16 days from now) Microsoft will be holding a special midnight event on October 25th to mark the official launch of Windows 8 and immediately after on October 26th everyone will finally be able to buy Windows 8 and PC's, Tablets and phones and we will get to find out specs and pricing of the Windows Surface tablet which will also go on sale October 26th...the Surface tablet looks amazing and I cant wait to see the finished product (though I doubt I will be able to afford one).

I have spent the best part of a year working with Windows 8 and attempting to learn how to code "Metro" apps (which still does my head in sometimes lol) and a couple of weeks ago I got my first app published into the store and although it is quite a basic app I am proud of myself for getting it working and finished and into the store. I have also just received my invite into the Windows 8 Elite members club which is quite cool but I dont think I get a badge as part of my membership they are sending me a welcome pack which contains a welcome letter and gifts and I dont know what those gifts are yet but I'm looking forward to finding out when it arrives...maybe a poster of Steve Ballmer for my wall lol.

So the launch date looms will you be getting Windows 8?. Personally I cant wait because it means I can finally sort my computer out and have Windows 8 as my only OS and crack on developing more apps.

Mark it in your diary, October 26th official launch.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: 2 weeks until launch
Usman55
I'm feeling sorry for myself, so busy with studies (and only studies, no other activities) that I haven't programmed in over 2 years. I seriously hope I don't forget the whole thing. I am pretty sure I won't be able to use the computer the way I want to (programming, 3D designing etc. etc.) for further 2 years.

I don't know if I'll get Windows 8 at it's launch cuz I don't have the original installation of Windows. I am running the RP. The original Win7 installation got corrupt and the discs the store gave me are faulty. It's been well over 6 months and I don't know if they'll even replace them. However, if I get the recovery discs on time, I'll definitely buy it asap.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Windows 10 General Discussion”