Windows update October 17th

Talk about Windows 10, get help & support, share tips, tricks and useful links.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windows update October 17th
CodenStuff
Windows 8.1

On October 17th Microsoft will be releasing it's update to Windows 8...Windows 8.1

As someone who has been using the preview of 8.1 for a few months I'm really looking forward to the update and can't wait to see what improvements have been made since the preview. I'm looking forward to better customization of the start screen, New improved apps like the mail app (really looking forward to that as I use it all the time) and an official Facebook app and better/faster search.

Are you looking forward to the update?

If you haven't got Windows 8 yet will the update convince you to buy it?

Windows 8.1 update will be available for free to Windows 8 users via the store on October 17th and new devices (PCs, Tablets) will be available to buy with 8.1 on October 18th.

Sadly because I've been using the preview I wont be able to upgrade it so I will have to re-install my copy of Windows 8 and then upgrade but I'm fine with that because my system needs cleaning anyway lol.

Bring on October 17th cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

Re: Windows update October 17th
comathi
I'm excited for this update. I tested it out when it came out, and the only reason I had to remove it (and reinstall everything on my computer) was that my drivers (mainly graphics) weren't 100% compatible, or so it seemed.

I imagine by now, or by October 17 they'll have fixed these types of issues, and they'll have added all of the featured shown during the Build conference (some featured were missing from the initial consumer preview).

During the time I did get to test the update, I thought it was rather good. The only dowside was it slowes my PC a bit, but again I imagine they'll have fixed that by now.

Looking forward to October 17 cooll;
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Yes I think the issues with slowness and jittery graphics was due to drivers because I had that problem when I first tried it but it got fixed in another little update and most manufacturers have released drivers for 8.1 now so you should be ok when it's officially released :)
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
Glad to see I wasn't the only one with these issues. Well, if they've already fixed it, then I'm looking forward to the release even more... Getting real tired of 1/3 2/3 snapping lol
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
I installed the preview when it came about but due to issues with the hard disk I had to reinstall Windows after a couple of days. It is rather good and pleasing to the eyes, the start screen I mean. I couldn't get into details but I had a nice good look at it.

I'm definitely going to install it when it comes out.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Windows 10 General Discussion”