Windows 8 has arrived

Talk about Windows 10, get help & support, share tips, tricks and useful links.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windows 8 has arrived
CodenStuff
Windows 8
Available to buy now from the Microsoft site: http://windows.microsoft.com

Microsoft finally released their new OS last night at the official Windows 8 launch around the world with a huge event held in New York time square to mark the start of a new era for Microsoft and indeed how we all use our PC's.

I grabbed myself a copy as soon as I was able to purchase online and I have to say £25 for a new Windows OS is an absolute bargain and kind of felt like I was robbing the place lol. So after clicking the buy button a small upgrade check application ran on my computer to check compatibility with my existing software/hardware and when everything was fine with that I had to enter Name, Address and Credit Card details (PayPal also accepted as payment method) and then I got my license key. The application then went through the download process and offered me the option to install the upgrade over Windows 7 or create a bootable DVD or USB and of course I chose the bootable option because I wanted to do a fresh install. I booted up from the DVD and installed Windows 8 with no problems what-so-ever and the whole process including purchase, download, disc burn and install took about an hour to complete.

I love Windows 8 I've been using it dual-booted with Windows 7 for about a year now and at first I didn't like it because of it's lack of a start menu which made it a little tricky to use but after a couple of weeks of use I just cant use anything else. When I boot into Windows 7 I keep finding myself trying to use it like Windows 8 which is actually frustrating because Windows 8 is just so much better, easier, faster and smarter than 7 and even though 7 is a great OS (over 470 million copies sold) and will be able to handle anything thrown at it for years to come I personally just think Windows 8 kicks it in the n*uts...it's just better.

Have you upgraded yet and if so tell us what you think about it and how it went for you.

A little bonus for anyone upgrading during the promotional period Windows 8 Pro upgrade is only £25/£39 and as a special bonus from Microsoft you can get Media Center for Windows 8 absolutely free on the following page: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/wind ... ture-packs

Page may be different in your country so to get there click: Downloads & shop > buy windows 8 > add features

Now I can get back to some programming :D
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Windows 8 has arrived
Shim
wow :) your a windows 8 fan now :) first i have to run windows 8 on virtual box then i will think about getting it lol
Find my programs on Softpedia
Skillful
Skillful Coders
Skillful Coders

Skillful
I bought my license too. :) The ISO is being downloaded and I also paid the extra 20$ for the Windows DVD lol :P
Instead of LOL use this -
LSIBMHBIWFETALOL

Which means -
Laughing silently in between my head because it wasn't funny enough to actually laugh out loud!
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
I'm seriously considering paying $69 for it just to have it shipped. The box is so cute :lol:

No, seriously, I don't yet know if I'll be upgrading, as I want to wait a little more and see what happens. I'll absolutely try to take advantage of that special deal, though :)
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
I was going to order the DVD as well but using the upgrade assistant you can burn the download (ISO) to DVD yourself so why pay extra for it unless you just want the shiny box like comathi :lol:
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Skillful
Skillful Coders
Skillful Coders

Skillful
I seriously paid $69 for the box lol. I mean it! :P
LSIBMHBIWFETALOL

Which means -
Laughing silently in between my head because it wasn't funny enough to actually laugh out loud!
reececlarke
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

reececlarke
^^ 69 any one else thinking what i am ?
Skillful
Skillful Coders
Skillful Coders

Skillful
#reececlarke I get it what you mean lol! :P
LSIBMHBIWFETALOL

Which means -
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Windows 10 General Discussion”