CodeWars

Downloads, updates, help and general discussion about Codewars.
26 posts Page 1 of 3
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodeWars
CodenStuff
Hello,

I added this section for the codewars game im making because it will be using the site database and we need a place to post bugs and issues rather than constantly posting to the same topic (the one I made in work in progress).

Its not quite ready yet but I have been running it on my local server and it seems to be working good so far when updating save game information. I still have a lot I need to add to the database side of things like groups and a small messaging/email type system for communicating with other players but most of that I will add during the test while you guys are playing it if you choose to play it and I may limit the number of people testing it at first just to see how the database copes.

I need to redo the IP Hack section of the game because at the moment its just a simple turn based battle type system which is ooook but not good enough for the type of game it is so ill do something else with that.

So yes apart from a few more things I need to do its almost ready to be played so keep your eyes open for the first upload and we will see how it goes cooll;

While your waiting if you have any ideas or thoughts about what should be in the game and things you would like to be able to do in the game just post in this section and let me know.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CodeWars
CodenStuff
Hello again,

A little progress update for you here. As I mentioned in the above post I wanted to redo the ip hack section of the game because I didnt like the battle type system and I think ive come up with a better one now.

So now rather than just selecting an item to beat the enemy item which is kindof boring you can now hack systems and it requires a little bit of strategy and is much more interesting. Basically you select an IP to hack and then have to scan for an open port, when you find an open port you can connect to the system. After successfully connecting to a system it will show you which drives are accessable on it and you can scan those and hopefully find some goodies to nick like viruses and facebook login details which you can sell on the hack market for some cash..and eventually loads of other different items. You can also add a bot to the system to increase your botnet which come in handy when you need to do big attacks during missions.

I will probably complete this new ip hack at the end of today/tomorrow and then we can start some testing cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Agust1337
Coding God
Coding God

Agust1337
I thought "hacking" was illegal on your site Craig :lol:
You're crazy!
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested. ~Sheldon Cooper
MrAksel
C# Coder
C# Coder

MrAksel
I volunteer for hacking mandai! No wait, thats impossible
LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT
Laughing my a** of so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco lmao;

Over 30 projects with source code!
Please give reputation to helpful members!

GoodGuy17
Coding God
Coding God

GoodGuy17
You should make the Hacking IPs fail sometimes, because I can just sit and *bing* over and over and keep getting Exp and Money.
astheyfall
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

astheyfall
GoodGuy17 wrote:
You should make the Hacking IPs fail sometimes, because I can just sit and *bing* over and over and keep getting Exp and Money.
But you loose Bandwith when you do it and some are harder than others
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
The IP's have their own security/encryption levels but unlike missions you dont know what they are so you could end up picking one with high levels that would take you forever to hack. I could add the 30 second timer to them aswell though because you dont want to be waiting all week to hack in if you find a high level one lol.
astheyfall
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

astheyfall
Yes, add the 30 second timer and I'm in the negatives and I don't know how to get back up :(
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Ok I added another update about half and hour ago which fixes a few issues.

If you go negative with your bandwidth the game will automatically reset it to 10mb for you but this is just during game testing and will be removed eventually so you cant cheat lol.

I also added a 30 second connection timeout timer to the ip hack page so just like with missions if you fail to connect within 30 seconds then...well..you fail to connect :?

I also added a new feature to missions and ip hack where by if you run out of bandwidth while you are in the middle of a hack it will automatically disconnect which makes things a bit more interesting.

Yes thats it so far but we will have updates daily and continue to make the game better cooll;
GoodGuy17
Coding God
Coding God

GoodGuy17
CodenStuff wrote:
Ok I added another update about half and hour ago which fixes a few issues.

If you go negative with your bandwidth the game will automatically reset it to 10mb for you but this is just during game testing and will be removed eventually so you cant cheat lol.

I also added a 30 second connection timeout timer to the ip hack page so just like with missions if you fail to connect within 30 seconds then...well..you fail to connect :?

I also added a new feature to missions and ip hack where by if you run out of bandwidth while you are in the middle of a hack it will automatically disconnect which makes things a bit more interesting.

Yes thats it so far but we will have updates daily and continue to make the game better cooll;
I found a problem: when you timeout in IP Hack, it says "Connection Timout!", a misspelling in Timeout.
26 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “CodeWars”