Minecraft Merging Single and Multiplayer Modes

Reviews, news, tips and cheats for PC games.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

This is quite exciting. As most of you minecraft players here know, Mojang releases weekly-ish snapshots of their game Minecraft, to let everyone get a taste of what's coming in the next update.

Well, in snapshot 12w18a, Mojang has begun merging Singleplayer and Multiplayer modes. What does this mean? Say goodbye to hamachi, and paying for server space. When playing a Singleplayer mode, Minecraft treats it as a server (with all the commands) and allows you to invite others to play with you on the map.

If you want to see more of the snapshot in action, I recommend you watch the following video. It also explains a bit what this merging is all about.

Enjoy ;)
dj1437
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

I saw the news earlier, also there is a glitch, that when you play a world that is still in mcregion format and not anvil, it will glitch and say a disconnected message
This is a signature.
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

I like the upcoming smp hardcore, if you die you are banned until a new map is created :lol:

Btw that's great, would be very useful for my server. Maybe it will stop treating my host computer as a priority and have the others random EndOfStream errors.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “PC Games”