Crab-Apple?

Discussion about the latest Tablet software, hardware, accessories.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Crab-Apple?
CodenStuff
Hello,

There has been rumours going around for a few years about Apple making a smaller version of its iPad tablet and today I read an article on iMore (still a rumour at this point) that Apple may be planning to release a 7inch version of its iPad later this year. If true then the new 'iPad Mini' would cost between $200-$250 for 8gb version and offer the same retina display as the recently released New iPad AKA iPad 3.

Steve Job's was against making a 7inch tablet because the size would limit the amount of content visible on screen and were just against making a 7inch version. So why all of a sudden are Apple interested in entering the 7inch tablet market?. With the success of the Amazon Kindle & Kindle Fire perhaps Apple are finally understanding that people do want 7inch tablets and with a new player enter the field with Windows 8 tablets due to be released later this year adding on the pressure Apple's dominance in the tablet market may be about to crumble.

What do you think about this and if Apple do release a 7inch version of the iPad and with a $200-$250 price tag would you buy one?.

I guess we will find out soon if this is true or not.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Re: Crab-Apple?
Codex
As a teenager, I am not interested in Tablets bigger than 7" since they are just too big.
If they officially sell it for about 200$, I would wait till the price drops little bit(since I am not desperate) and buy one.
On the other hand, I think smartphones are basically the same as tablets, and if you want a mixture, you can buy one that is big like the Galaxy SII.
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
Codex wrote:
As a teenager, I am not interested in Tablets bigger than 7" since they are just too big.
If they officially sell it for about 200$, I would wait till the price drops little bit(since I am not desperate) and buy one.
On the other hand, I think smartphones are basically the same as tablets, and if you want a mixture, you can buy one that is big like the Galaxy SII.
I don't think I'd buy a smaller version of the iPad, let alone the actual iPad itself. At the price they're selling it, I can buy a decent laptop running Windows, and take advantage of a larger compatibility between devices.
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
Where can you find a laptop for under 200$ running Windows :O ?
But yeah, if you can find a laptop for less than 200$ then I totally agree that its worth more than the iPad.
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
Codex wrote:
Where can you find a laptop for under 200$ running Windows :O ?
But yeah, if you can find a laptop for less than 200$ then I totally agree that its worth more than the iPad.
Oh no, sorry, I was talking about the regular iPad.

But I would still not buy the iPad mini... kinda too small :lol:
Martin
Supreme VIP
Supreme VIP

Martin
iPAD FTW AND VICTORY!
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Hey
When i first got a Tablet it was a Epad 7" wondermedia Android, (ipad clone type thingyy) and it was really naff :( it was very unresponsive and lacked ooommmppphhhh :)

I got on the net and after much searching i joined a site and learnt about modifying the Tablet.

I modified it and it was just so awesome, it was fast,responsive and now had added ooooommmmmpppphhhh :) I sold it a while back when i got the 10" Tablet and i really wish i kept it, as it was just the right size to carry about with you, and it did what i wanted it too, Video,Music,Pictures,Net,Games..

It all depends what you want a tablet for?

They are so handy if you are out and about and gear is minimal, I would not buy and ipad just so i can say i have one :o and as I understand it, the apps are only specific to the ipad ( you can't use third party apps).

Chris
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Tablets”