DVD-RW Burner Help

Discuss all things PC software, hardware, accessories.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

DVD-RW Burner Help
smashapps
I'm not sure how many of you guys know ab out my laptop. It's been sent away for repairs which I get back in about 2 weeks.

Anyway, my girlfriend has lent me her laptop until I get mine back.

When I'm burning a CD or DVD with ImgBurn (or any other burning application) the burn will stop. The disk drive will then not open, and you can't eject from Computer because it will stop responding. The ImgBurn process is still running which doesn't stop running I believe until the Drive returns to normal.

Watching a movie or listening to a CD the program used will freeze and the drive won't open.

In Device Manager the Drive appears to be running properly.

I can't get the disk out unless I restart the laptop.

Any help at all for this problem? I hope I was clear enough blusho;
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

Re: DVD-RW Burner Help
mandai
I would make sure the discs you are using are clean and not damaged.

If the drive does this to all discs then I would try with an external DVD drive and see if you get the same result. If a different drive works then it could be there is a fault with the internal one.
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Re: DVD-RW Burner Help
smashapps
It happens with every disk. I don't have an external drive but that was going to be my next choice.

I'll probably pick up an external drive for my girlfriend when I give her her laptop back. (I didn't break her laptop drive) it's been happening for a few months.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “PC”