Just got given a computer and 20"Dell Screen :)

Discuss all things PC software, hardware, accessories.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Hey coders
A friend of my dads had a computer that was not working ( it was firing up, but no signal to the Monitor) so she was getting rid of it, I went and got it and within 10 mins i had it up and working wahooo; It's a HP Pavilion Micro Tower running Vista, It took me 2 days to format and get all the Updates from Microsoft, and it's running really sweet, Plus it came with a 20" Dell Flatscreen, It's got a DVD RW Drive and a 250 Gig HDD and 2 Gig of Ram, Plus Card Slots for all Memory Cards. The best thing about it is, its got a FIREWIRE Slot cooll;

This below is why i am as happy as a Pig in S*it

A few weeks back i was after getting a cheap Camcorder and when on Ebay I saw a JVC Camcorder, I put a Bid on it and WON it, and believe it or not I got it for £12.50 + £9.00 Postage ( it came with Battery, Charger, a £70 Light that fits on the hotshoe and all is in Pristine condition just like it came out of the shop) lmao; But I had a Problem of Connecting it to my Laptop, as It doesn't have a Firewire Slot.

Plug it into the HP Pavilion and i can control it all from the Computer...

Its funny how things work out, before i got the computer I was thinking of all different ways i could get the camcorder running, and even bought a Firewire to USB Lead hehaho;

Just thought i would share this with you all

Chris (aka Hungryhounduk)
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

Looks like your year is starting off (or ending) very nicely. Congratulations cooll;

Did you upgrade to anything other than Vista? :lol: Or are you keeping it for now?
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Hey Comathi
If i could afford win 7 0r 8 i would have reinstalled it, but it's fine as my Laptop has lost the use of the Blueray Drive, so i cant use any Cds or Dvds in the Laptop :( but i have Networked the Laptop and the Pavilion and can share everything between the two.

Chris
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

That computer sounds really good especially seen as you got it for free, and the camcorder was a bargain..brilliant stuff cooll;

I just noticed my computer doesn't have a firewire connection :? I thought it did lol.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Hey Cody
Yeah it was a nice touch after months of inactivity, I needed something to get me back into the swing again.

Chris
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

I've missed you hungryhounduk and I'm sure a lot of other people have too welcome back, haven't seen you for ages!

Nice work on getting the PC and the camcorder. You could always uhm *cough* torrent the windows 7/8? but an upgrade disk doesn't much, rather than the full installation.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “PC”