Wireless Problem

Discuss all things PC software, hardware, accessories.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Wireless Problem
smashapps
Hello, I was running Windows 7 and I replaced it with Windows 8. Something happening and anyway I ended up losing Windows 8 so I installed Ubuntu. When I had Windows 7 it was already installed so there is no disk and drivers etc. already installed.

I installed a different copy of WIndows 7, Home Premium. I cannot use my Laptop's Built-in wifi now. I downloaded the driver for it, installed it. The icon in the tray is the Ethernet showing that it is not connected, the wifi is not shown in the Network Connections either.

I am using Toshiba Satellite P750 and the PC Diagnose Tool Reports that network is:

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller version=7.38.113.2011

I downloaded the driver which is:

Realtek Wireless LAN Driver 2.00.0013.L_110110

Have I done anything wrong? Does anyone have a solution for this, thanks.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Wireless Problem
Shim
do you have to enter your broadband details ?
Find my programs on Softpedia
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
no user or pass required, I just need to enter a key. No wireless networks are shown in the list of available networks it can't even find there is a wireless card in the laptop. It worked on Windows 7 originally, and on Windows 8 and on Ubuntu and on this install of Windows 7 it now does not work.

I am stumped with this one.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
benji_19994
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

benji_19994
Try a fresh reinstall probably a problem with your install disk.
zachman61
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

zachman61
Install your wireless drivers if needed.
Nailing my feet to the floor is easier than using my own muscles to balance, but you don't see me doing that :)
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
What I would do is;

Disable the network/wireless adapter thing from Device Manager and then re-enable it

If still no result,

Uninstall the driver, reboot, and then reinstall it
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
#benji_19994

This is a fresh install but has no drivers for my laptop.

#Codex

I have done all of this, I reinstalled the driver after I downloaded it too.

I have fixed my problem. This is how I fixed it:

In device manager under "Other Devices" a device is shown as Network Controller and says it has no driver for it. Open it up and went to Details and got the vendor and dev numbers from it (PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B) and googled it, turns out I was installed the wrong driver. I needed the Atheros WLAN driver so I downloaded and installed and now my wifi card works fine.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “PC”