#15 Banners

Complete a set challenge every day like: App making, Code solving, Image designs, Web Scripts and more. Win crazy points and prizes.
Forum rules
Please only post a reply if its a challenge entry - other posts and comments will be deleted. - Guide and Rules
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Banners
CodenStuff
Welcome to challenge #15

Banners

No, this is not a challenge relating to the incredible hulks family :lol:

This is a web based challenge, take a look at the following mock-up design for a web page layout:

Your challenge for today is to create a web based banner maker, the user should be able to enter three basic pieces of information..

Text
Font Type/Style

Once the user has entered this information the web page should generate a preview of the banner image for them to see, then it should have an option to save that banner as an image file (jpg, png, bmp etc).

Rules for this challenge:
Must be web based.
Must allow customisation of at least the title, image and font style.
Must preview the banner.
Must be able to save/download the generated banner as an image file.

Please post your site links and files when you're done.

Good luck cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

Re: #15 Banners
comathi
I've got everything working except for the image export. It seems as though you cannot save a canvas' content as an image if it contains content from an external URL... Which means the user can't save the banner if he included an image :(
jordy03

jordy03
comathi wrote:
I've got everything working except for the image export. It seems as though you cannot save a canvas' content as an image if it contains content from an external URL... Which means the user can't save the banner if he included an image :(
the user can just take a screenshot of it or just right click and save no worries :D
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
But the point of the challenge is to allow the user to save the banner. Unless there's another way it can be done, this challenge is impossible to complete lol
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Could you not allow the user to upload the image?. I've seen loads of sites that let you create banners, avatars, logos etc that let you export as image so it can be done.

Get some others to help you out if you want, I'm happy to accept a team entry. We believe in you #comathi you can do it cooll; lol
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
Lol, I'll see what I can do. I may be wrong, but I'll look into PHP solutions or something of that kind :)
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Mad March Daily Challenge”