Update on my life

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Update on my life
smashapps
Hey all,

Hope many of you are still active on the forum :wink;

In the end of 2015, two people tried to break into my house, had a knife and threatened me at the door with my life. Fast forward to now I am still dealing with that incident. The two people were caught arrested and charged but I put a claim in to Victims of Crime for compensation. This has meant that the last few months I've had to see an Occupational Therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist, more counselors, and I've been made to see a dietitian and an exercise physiologist. I've been diagnosed with PTSD from the incident.

I've never been one to open up about any of my own issues so it's been very difficult for me. I've had mounting stress from work, working as a contractor - I've had most of my contracts all suddenly finish up and I haven't been able to find any more work for the last two months.

At the end of the tunnel is always a light, so let's see how the rest of this year will go.

I'm back into programming, mainly for personal satisfaction and will share what I am working on in the coming weeks.

What are you all up to lately?
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Update on my life
CodenStuff
Really sorry to hear about what happened to you and I truly hope you recover from it. Your (Codenstuff) family is here for you buddy.

I am still very active but currently only have time to code in my spare time when I'm not at work. Not sure where everyone else has gone off too but no doubt their lives are busy as well and haven't had much time to come on and post.

Don't worry I will be posting some more stuff soon and hopefully get some new tutorials up :D

The issue I find these days is that people are moving to other technologies like Raspberry Pi's, VR Headsets, Wrist bands, watches and other interactive micro-box gizmos which use a whole range of different coding languages. I currently don't have access to all of these things and we/I/you/everyone else relies on other members who are using them to post tutorials about them and help others who want to learn.

What are you coding with/for these days?
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Re: Update on my life
smashapps
Thank you for the support.

I am currently using PHP and MySQL. I have rebooted my 'Collections Manager' project I made back in 2014, and have made into something that runs 24/7 on my computer (as it is never turned off) and I can access it on my iPads, useful for maintaining a record of my possessions for insurance in case of an accident.

I have also developed something to keep a record of clients/employers for a small business, this is more of a hobby at the moment, though it was set up on a website for a company I work for - they haven't actually used it yet...

I also plan on making something to keep track of booking times for small businesses, for example book a meeting/board room or booking a time for a client/customer to visit them for a consultation etc. Because it is mobile friendly it works on mobile phones/tablets too and I know a lot of businesses here still rely on Windows XP and nothing is mobile friendly.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”