SSL Connection

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
clanc789
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

SSL Connection
clanc789
Hey y'all,

It has been a long time since I've commented on anything, let alone created a thread. Currently I'm following an education to become a White Hat Hacker and I couldn't help but wonder why a website filled with people who have technical knowledge do not have the option to connect with SSL. When I try to switch to a HTTPS-connection, the connection to the site fails.

Bluntly put: the log-in credentials you enter can be viewed as plain text when someone sniffs your traffic (MitM for example). Using a free certificate such as LetsEncrypt can prevent this.

I hope you can do something with this to increase the security of the website.

Best wishes to all,
Max
Practice makes perfect!

VIP since: 6-10-2011
zachman61
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: SSL Connection
zachman61
Agreed. This is also important to keep the site from being flagged as insecure by browsers such as Firefox and Chrome.
Nailing my feet to the floor is easier than using my own muscles to balance, but you don't see me doing that :)
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SSL Connection
CodenStuff
I will look in to enabling SSL for the site.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”