Whats the best editor for andriod

Useful links/downloads to software and other resources for android.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
muttley1968
Hardcore Programmer
Hardcore Programmer

Hello i have decided to learn expand my knowledge on the Android system and make a few apps
before now i have only ever needed incredibly basic application so the xamarin environment has been good enough for me however now i want to make more application for other users as well i am after a studio that is more graphical based so like visual studio you can drag controls FREELY on a form and then edit the look of each control. so long story short what would you say is the best editor for android and please give links

Also if i decided to use the studio you recommend ill give you 250 credits :)
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Here's some suggestions you may consider...
AIDE
droidEdit
htmlPlay
HTML OnLive Debugger

There's many many designing apps to many to list. I'll just list one of my favorite vector editors.
Simplector
troop
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Re: Whats the best editor for andriod
troop
i dont think he meant apps that work on Andriod, he wants to make andriod apps with an IDE similar to VB.NET..

i think :lol:
muttley1968
Hardcore Programmer
Hardcore Programmer

yes exactly what troop said. visualtech told me about andriod studio and that seems allright but i cant seem to resize buttons and things in the free flow panels
Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Shim
muttley1968 wrote:
yes exactly what troop said. visualtech told me about andriod studio and that seems allright but i cant seem to resize buttons and things in the free flow panels
Android Studio is still laggy, it needs to be fixed. If you want to program Android apps in Java use Eclipse. Did you try Basic4Android?
Find my programs on Softpedia
muttley1968
Hardcore Programmer
Hardcore Programmer

the language is not a problem i want to learn a new language so java, C# or anything i dont really mind all i want is a visual studio type editor so i can make the layouts without being locked into a grid
troop
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

troop
muttley1968 wrote:
the language is not a problem i want to learn a new language so java, C# or anything i dont really mind all i want is a visual studio type editor so i can make the layouts without being locked into a grid
i think its better to learn Java and have some basic knowledge in making apps then go to mobile dev :geek:
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

I'm toggling using Android Studio and Eclipse (Android Studio is still really early and fairly buggy, but with as much potential it has I'm using it more because each bug I come across I directly contact Google about it so it can be fixed. I'm hoping this will be a better alternative to Eclipse, but Eclipse has tons of plugins and a great open source community working and collaborating on it so it's worth to give them both a try, but Eclipse isn't really WYSIWYG just to note)

There is also AppInventor, which maybe more what you're looking for. The reviews I've read seem good, but I haven't used it myself.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Resources”